Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Really peeed off

I've had no friggen broadband since 9.00 this morning... I wont go into it in detail...but you wouldnt believe the run around I've had today from idiots that supply this service. And to top it off... I've been dealing with people in the Philippines all day.. trained to speak American English ????? WTF where is all this going ???

BTW.. just got home...but no connection at work yet. Its a problem with East Auckland users... and they cant even indicate when its going to be fixed ???

Edited by *Glenn*

BTW.. just got home...but no connection at work yet. Its a problem with East Auckland users... and they cant even indicate when its going to be fixed ???

Thats weird im in East Auckland and I've had no problems with my internet all day.

Have a drink or ten while your waiting!

What broadband company are you with?

Have a drink or ten while your waiting!

What broadband company are you with?

Telecom

They say they are trying to sort it..its affecting different areas.. I dont have a problem here at home though...I'm in Hunua

Thats probably the problem with big companies, they don't really care too much about one person because they have so many more.

We are with a much smaller, local based company (The Packing Shed) and they seem fix problems almost straight away when we get them.

Edited by Kaz

I am with Telecom in Bucklands Beach. The Howick/Highland Park exchange is still up.

Occasionally you will get someone who knows what they are talking about Glenn. But it is so bloody rare these days. I would rather put up with a problem than deal with overseas call centers most of the time.

Outages sorry Glen. No ETR as of yet. Majority of East Tamaki/Botany and more affected.

PM me for updates if you like

Your on one of these DSLAM's no doubt :

Customer and Service Impact Up to 1640 Wholesale Broadband and 113 Corporate Data customers will be experiencing a loss of service. Known affected parent nodes listed below:

ETM-DSLAM-01

ETM-DSLAM-02

OAA-DSLAM-02

HCK-DSLAM-02

we had a 6 month battle with Telstraclear about our internet connection quality, who wholesaled from telecom in Wiri. Telstraclear ended up installing a very nice wireless connection setup for us free of charge...

Ah the joy of having wireless broadband, 10gig at $40 per month lol.

Friend of my GF owns his own wireless company, any probs and he's here within an hour.

We lost our internet today aswell..

By the way its double P in Philippines.

Mine's been all good.

Though it's got some odd quirks, International is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU slow.

You actually cannot get on Bebo (flatmate complains)

and some international sites will take half a year to load.

this is with slingshot.

It better be working when I get to work this morning :angry:

Edit:... its all good were up & running again :D

Edited by *Glenn*

It better be working when I get to work this morning :angry:

Edit:... its all good were up & running again :D

Hi Glen, provided your with Telecom broadband the best number to call is: 0800 116 110 Calling that number gives you a 90% chance that you will get a Kiwi on the other end.

When you had the outage did you have DSL ?

Yes we had DSL. It was just a localised problem with broadband in one of the exchanges in our area according to Telecom.

It's all good now though :D