Sign in to follow this  
mark247

Anyone know where I could get one of these?

My mate who I sold my e36 too managed to park it into a curb rather well yesterday. Photo explains it all.

All his suspension is bent but the wheel took it the worst.

Anyone know where he could possibly get ONE ( or two ) of these?

I dont know the model, but they are BBS obviously...

post-1711-1256113726.jpg

Thats some hit.... have you thought about insurance. With that amount of damage to the wheel I'm sure theres going to be alot more damage.

My mate who I sold my e36 too managed to park it into a curb rather well yesterday. Photo explains it all.

All his suspension is bent but the wheel took it the worst.

Anyone know where he could possibly get ONE ( or two ) of these?

I dont know the model, but they are BBS obviously...

Woaaa thats some hit alright, Looks a bit more than a curb parking to me lol. As Glenn has mentioned i would be looking at insurance if you have any.

Thats some hit.... have you thought about insurance. With that amount of damage to the wheel I'm sure theres going to be alot more damage.

I told him to send it in and get it checked out properly first and then go from there. If we can get a wheel cheap enough and replacement parts cheap enough he might just get it fixed without insurance because his excess his 800 and he doesn't want to lose no claims he reckons..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-248142140.htm

could work out well as he is selling only one of them, looks to be the same

Awesome, I'll tell him about this auction asap. Thanks man.

It happens when circumstances exceed talent - I'm guessing he slid sideways into the curb at speed, because he's not Brian O'Conner.

Edited by CamB

Looks like a rim on my GTZ when I understeered into a curb at 80kph. That's one way to do it. Another way is attempting to drift and flicking into the curb. Or maybe he was actually parking the car and hit the accelerator hard by mistake?

Which one was it? Just out of interest

I wasn't there when it happened. He reckons he came around a corner in the wet and the back kicked out. It was a lefter hander and he hit the curb on the right hand side of the road, it was the left rear wheel.

He says he wasn't trying to be a muppet, and I would say the same thing too because the cops turned up and let him off because there was some gravel on the corner. May as well keep to that story.

His suspension is fully gone, shock bent, CV rooted, and the arm has a big huge bend in it.

We will take it in sometime and get it sorted...

Remind me to only sell my old cars to pro drifters in the future... I may blow up there engines but at least i dont crash them haha

I dont understand how he did it, that car stuck to the road like glue when I had it, was impossible stuff up in compared to the e30.

Edited by Mark247

Rats. Drive to the conditions, when they change reduce your speed

He reckons he came around a corner in the wet and the back kicked out. It was a lefter hander and he hit the curb on the right hand side of the road, it was the left rear wheel.

Remind me to only sell my old cars to pro drifters in the future...Even the pros crash man, have a friend who i class as i good drifter,

Jeez lucky no cars were coming the other way in the other lane!

Even the pros crash man, have a friend who i class as i "good" drifter, who wrote his R31 off not too long ago after hitting sand on the road and slamming into a powerpole.

Guest FrantiC

Must have been going hard into the curb. I hit a curb at 30km/h when I fish-tailed after a fail-drift and slid my front left into a curb, barely half a metre from stacking into a light pole. My rim was still straight suprisingly enough but the control arm was twisted as F*** and broke the sway bar link.

Had to drag it home with the wheels like this \ / lol

Jeez lucky no cars were coming the other way in the other lane!

Even the pros crash man, have a friend who i class as i "good" drifter, who wrote his R31 off not too long ago after hitting sand on the road and slamming into a powerpole.

From previous experience this guy is a bit of a Sledge One NZ pro, getting the back out seems to just not be his thing haha

With a hit like that I would also be checking the subframe. And possibly getting it checked on a carOliner. I have seen less damage that has bent the subframe. Car will align ok but will crab.

Prob better off paying the $800 and getting it done right.

You can't tell if a subframe is bent by eye. Unless it is seriously stuffed.

Edited by driftit

With a hit like that I would also be checking the subframe. And possibly getting it checked on a carOliner. I have seen less damage that has bent the subframe. Car will align ok but will crab.

Prob better off paying the $800 and getting it done right.

You can't tell if a subframe is bent by eye. Unless it is seriously stuffed.

He managed to put a ripple in the left rear panel actually, i forgot about that. This is getting worse and worse lol.

I think we will take it in to the shop, get it checked out, then he can decide to claim or not to claim.

From previous experience this guy is a bit of a Sledge One NZ pro

I lol'd

Given how farked the rim is, you'll never know if he had a tyre pressure problem prior to the accident (ie, if he had a flatty, it may have contributed to never-before-seen oversteer).