Sign in to follow this  
briancol

Intelligence Test

1. Pears

There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground.

How come?

2. Apples

A basket contains 5 apples. Do you know how to divide them among 5 kids so that each one has an apple and one apple stays in the basket?

Give 4 kids an apple and the last kid an apple in a basket.

3. Sack

A poor farmer went to the market to sell some peas and lentils. However, as he had only one sack and didn't want to mix peas and lentils, he poured in the peas first, tied the sack in the middle, and then filled the top portion of the sack with the lentils. At the market a rich innkeeper happened by with his own sack. He wanted to buy the peas, but he did not want the lentils.

Pouring the seed anywhere else but the sacks is considered soiling. Trading sacks is not allowed. The farmer can’t cut a hole in his sack.

How would you transfer the peas to the innkeeper’s sack, which he wants to keep, without soiling the produce?

4. Sea Tales

The captain of a ship was telling this interesting story: "We traveled the sea far and wide. At one time, two of my sailors were standing on opposite sides of the ship. One was looking west and the other one east. And at the same time, they could see each other clearly."

How can that be possible?

They are facing each other on opposite sides of the boat.

Edited by Kaz

For the apple one give one kid the basket with his apple still IN it :D

4. Sea Tales

The captain of a ship was telling this interesting story: "We traveled the sea far and wide. At one time, two of my sailors were standing on opposite sides of the ship. One was looking west and the other one east. And at the same time, they could see each other clearly."

How can that be possible?

They were facing each other.... Each bloke can see west or east and his mate.

5. Twins

Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they're not twins.

How can this be?

They are two of triplets.

6. Photograph

I am looking at somebody's photo. Who is it I am looking at, if I don't have any brothers or sisters and the father of the man in the photo is the son of my father?

The photo is of your child.

7. One-Way Street

A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street in the wrong direction, but didn't break the law.

How come?

She was walking down the street.

8. Just in Time

What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

Edited by Kaz

As for the ship, the guy looking east is standing on the west side of the ship, and the guy looking west is standing on the east side :P

Photograph - you are looking at a photo of yourself

One-Way street - she was walking?

Just in Time - the letter M

Edited by huff3r

Haha yeah you give 4 kids apples and the last kid an apple in a basket.

The ship, they are facing towards each other on opposite sides of the street.

Your not looking at yourself.

Lol Mark, I didn't make the title :P. Its more of just thinking different ways the usual.

5. Twins

Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they're not twins.

How can this be?

6. Photograph

I am looking at somebody's photo. Who is it I am looking at, if I don't have any brothers or sisters and the father of the man in the photo is the son of my father?

7. One-Way Street

A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street in the wrong direction, but didn't break the law.

How come?

8. Just in Time

What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

5. Are they siamese... ummm twins? haha

6. You're looking at yourself?

7. She was walking down the street, not driving??

Ooops, sorry the photo one is your kid ;)

One was born after the other one? noone can be born at the same time?

:wacko: i cant fathem any of it Edited by kerry

KABOOM!

Sorry guys.

My head just exploded.

Surprised? :o

Yeah your WALKING down the street, and the photo is of your child.

The Twins arent twins cos theyre 2 out of 3 triplets :P

The Twins arent twins cos theyre 2 out of 3 triplets :P

Yep :P

Ones still unsolved with hints!: (I'll post more once these are done)

1. Pears

There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground.

How come?

Hint:Play on word(s)

3. Sack

A poor farmer went to the market to sell some peas and lentils. However, as he had only one sack and didn't want to mix peas and lentils, he poured in the peas first, tied the sack in the middle, and then filled the top portion of the sack with the lentils. At the market a rich innkeeper happened by with his own sack. He wanted to buy the peas, but he did not want the lentils.

Pouring the seed anywhere else but the sacks is considered soiling. Trading sacks is not allowed. The farmer can’t cut a hole in his sack.

How would you transfer the peas to the innkeeper’s sack, which he wants to keep, without soiling the produce?

Hint: Use the other mans sack and bind it.

8. Just in Time

Hint: Check the words.

Answer: The letter "M"

Edited by Kaz

Hey, i got the just in time one... before when i edited my post lol, its the letter M :D

the letter m i swear

For the pear one.

Is it that there are a pair of pear trees?

There were never any pears on the trees in the first place?

For the pear one.

Is it that there are a pair of pear trees?

There were never any pears on the trees in the first place?

There is one pear tree.

**EDIT: My hint for the pear one has more then 1 meaning**

Yeah the letter M.

Edited by Kaz

1. Pears

How come?

Hint:Play on word(s)

Answer: At first, there were 2 pears on the tree. After the wind blew, one pear fell on the ground. So there where no pears on the tree and there were no pears on the ground.

3. Sack

Hint: Use the other mans sack and bind it.

Answer: Pour the lentils into the innkeeper’s sack, bind it and turn inside out. Pour in the peas. Then unbind the sack a pour the lentils back to your sack

Some small easy ones:

1. Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada?

Because he is alive.

2. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? Why?

Because he is dead

3. A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by, what color is the bear? Why?

4. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?

Two

5. How far can a dog run into the woods?

6. One big hockey fan claimed to be able to say the score before any game. How did he do it?

7. You can start a fire if you have alcohol, petrol, kerosene, paper, candle, coke, a full matchbox and a piece of cotton wool. What is the first thing you light?

The Match

8. What word describes a woman who does not have all her fingers on one hand?

Normal

Edited by Kaz

What word describes a woman who does not have all her fingers on one hand?

Normal

Yeah.

These ones are all just plays on words.