Sign in to follow this  
fred_

Anyone interested in swapping Black for Blue europlates?

Im thinking my car would suit the black euro plate more with some of the plans i have for it.

If so, Im quite keen to swap by blue euro plate for someone with a black style if they are keen.

PM me if interested.

You can't swap standard issue plates man. If your standard issue plate is euro blue then you're going to have to get it remade black.

You can only take off and put on personalised plates at your will.

You can't swap standard issue plates man. If your standard issue plate is euro blue then you're going to have to get it remade black.

You can only take off and put on personalised plates at your will.

Okay cheers man.

Anyone capable or know someone who can make up a decal or vinyl overlay for the little blue piece then in black on the left hand side. The bit that says NZ and has the stars?

I'm pretty sure its illegal to put anything on your plates.

Putting a vinyl sticker over a purely aesthetic part of the plate will cause no harm.

You will get fined for it ... trust me from first hand experience. Parking wardens are c*nts

I have black plates on my 1986 Corolla. Swap cars??

Hope I've understood this correctly but if you already have the blue NZ plates, I'm pretty sure you can buy the black stickers bang them overtop your blue boys and your away. You can get them from germanplates.com not sure if they have a section to provide them seperateley but I'm sure if you contacted them they will supply them.

This coming week I'm getting some Vinyl Black euro plates made, from my old man. (a sign writer). I will let you know how much it will cost after they are done if you like. Apparently if they are the same size and clearly readable then they are considered fine. He's made a quite a few before.

You are correct, a mate works at a dealer and they thought they would have the brand put on over the kiwi flag, cops actually come in and made them remove the small Alfa/Fiat stickers or they would be fined.

I thought he was after black and silver plates like mine.

Posted Image

I just decided to go this way these plate surrounds are euro size that fits normal size, you could stick any vynal decal you like on them.

If you had normal size number plates that is.

post-4282-1257657854.jpg

This coming week I'm getting some Vinyl Black euro plates made, from my old man. (a sign writer). I will let you know how much it will cost after they are done if you like. Apparently if they are the same size and clearly readable then they are considered fine. He's made a quite a few before.

No. There is no way around it.

I had some vynil ones. Got $600 worth of fines in 3 months.

No. There is no way around it.

I had some vynil ones. Got $600 worth of fines in 3 months.

Is it really that noticeable?

Lol that's gotta suck. Could have bought yourself a real one :lol:

Thanks for all the replies guys. Yeah might stear clear of that then. The deal is, when the original owner bought the car, he got the blue euro plates which suited the car. Through all the carbon and black mods it has had done to it over the years it seems black euro plates would look so much better.

And its $400 to get them remade in black which is crazy.

I guess il just have to deal with it.

Thanks for the help anyway