Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

$1 reserve my car? Input please.

Ok, i'm thinkin' bout changing my auction on TM to $1 reserve.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=251691283

I really want an E32 but can't get one 'til i sell the E34, i know it's probably a bit over priced at the mo' considering the k's, age and bein' a 520, but as my description on the auction says it's a very good runner, i gotta admit though i haven't even done plugs since i've owned it (runs & hides).

I'm curious to hear what are your thoughts on this matter.

cheeRS

Edited by bellicose

John,

you could consider lowering your start price considerably,set reserve at your bottom dollar & remove buy now.

This way,if you get some bids but dont meet reserve it gives you a start point for a fixed price offer if needed.

IMO $5k is probably a bit of a scare off for potential buyers.

Have you been getting any interest-if so are they giving you any idea of price?

As a seller obviously there is a huge risk with the $1 option,one that I dont have the balls to take.

Obviously there are steps you can take to protect your position but these can carry consequences of their own if you are a regular trader.

Some of my best buys have been $1 auctions.

On the other hand I have seen some very successful ones.

So in summary how big are your balls?

Edited by 1rotty

only go $1 S/R if you are prepared to be disappointed, I think you might find it only gets around $1500.

My suggestion would be to try sell the wheels for $1000 then try sell the car for ~$2000

Before leaving NZ I sold one of my E36's with a $1 reserve. It generated a lot of interest in the auction, and I ended up with a fair price for the car.

Cheers

Grant

A lot more photos would help get interest. Just showing distant photos of the exterior wont get potential buyers. People want to see: engine & interior and any mods you may have done - close up. Nothing worst than an auction/ad with 5 photos of the outside from a distance. Makes people think you are hiding something.

I think before you do that put it on the side of the road as you head through Bell Block out of New Plymouth on the right there.

Workmate sold his old runabout ute the in under a week and got what he wanted, Heaps of traffic there and being an industrial area you get people who are looking for a cheapish car to go to work etc. That may not even look on trademe

Its a tidy car with a warrent and reg, i would have thought you could get at least $3500

Have reduced the price by a BIG chunk.

Mark(1rotty), my balls arn't that big lol.

Braeden, That's kinda what i've dropped it to.

It's hard to drop the price, i think my sub-concious(sp?) priced it high 'cos i didn't REALLY want to sell, but now i want something different so it's gotta go.

should go for other $2k easy

yes need a lot more pics and plenty of details

and buy marty's (bm weapon's ) e32 750iL .

So in summary how big are your balls?

^^^

What he said, I've sold cars that have sold for over 50k on $1 reserve and I've never been bitten yet. IMO it's a very good way to create interest in a sale. My best advise would be to advertise it fully, even home page & make it two weeks just so it can get that exposure.

Edited by Clinton

Well if all goes to plan on Wednesday the E34 will have to go no matter what. So tommorow i'm goin' to paint the centres of my T-star rep's black and they will go on the car, and the BBS's will go into stock.

Unfortunately the BBS's are the wrong offset for the car i'm lookin' at, so i may even swap them for some 18's with 3 series offset................................hint, it's not a BMW.

Guest Simon*

Buy THIS!

E32 735 manual! Take the wing off and repaint - would fit the RK's too ;)

Do it, do it, do it, DO IT!!!!

Buy THIS!

E32 735 manual! Take the wing off and repaint - would fit the RK's too ;)

Do it, do it, do it, DO IT!!!!

OMG That wing? What the hell was that person thinking?

If I were you I'd put the rego plate on it. I wouldnt buy a car if they didnt want the reg known.

Ok, i'm thinkin' bout changing my auction on TM to $1 reserve.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=251691283

I really want an E32 but can't get one 'til i sell the E34, i know it's probably a bit over priced at the mo' considering the k's, age and bein' a 520, but as my description on the auction says it's a very good runner, i gotta admit though i haven't even done plugs since i've owned it (runs & hides).

I'm curious to hear what are your thoughts on this matter.

cheeRS

Have seen a few $1 reserves on e46 328ci & 328i and they always end up around $11-$13k, this is at a time when they were selling for $16-$19k. For a $1 reserves car, you might not get what you were hoping for, unless you weren't expecting much. The only times I have put up a $1 reserve is when I didn't care what it sold for and it turned out great for me, otherwise would have thrown it away.