Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Some things i did not know.

Was browsing around the net today and found out a couple of things i did not know that were available on my e36, Tried them out and blow me down they work. First one is,

After you park the car you can switch on the parking lights on one side of the car only. To do this, just switch the car off and push the indicator stalk all the way up or down. The right or the left parking light will turn on.

Second one i came across was if you have any of the windows down when you lock the car they will auto close, I knew that if i kept the key turned to the left while locking they would close (closes the sun roof as well), But just locking the car will close the windows but leave the sun roof open.

third one was and this is something that happens on mine but did not really occur to me is the speed sensitive wipers, When i am stopped they stop and as i start to speed up, there's about 3 settings before they run at normal speed.

last one was the secret function on the digital climate control.

The display mode is called up by pressing the "AUTO" and "REAR DEFOGGER" buttons simultaneously. 12 displays are available and you can toggle through them by pressing the fan rocker switch.

Test number Function

Test 1 Interior Temp Sensor

Test 2 Exterior Temp sensor

Test 3 Left Heater Core Sensor

Test 4 Right Heater Core Sensor

Test 5 Evaporator Temp Sensor

Test 6 Engine Speed Input

Test 7 Road Speed Input

Test 8 "Y" Factor Value . . . Anyone knows what is this?

Test 9 Fresh Air Flap Position in % (99.5% Max.)

Test 10 AUC Sensor Voltage (if equipped)

Test 11 Battery Voltage

Test 12 Software Version

The sensor display functions are exited by pressing "RECIRC" and "AUTO" buttons simultaneously and also by turning the ignition off. The decimal point is not shown therefore 66.5% would show as 665 All temp displays are in degrees centigrade. Negative values are indicated with minus sign...

Anybody got any else they can add.

:):D

Edited by M-Spec

i have an mr2 and when i turn the ignition key all the way on the car starts

lol when i had the 750 i did notice that when you came to a stop the wipers went from constant to intermittent

also the obc can be used with secret functions cant remember how but you can get readouts such as liters of petrol left etc

also on a 750 if you put the right pedal all the way down things start going past faster.....much faster

Wow that is awesome. Knew about the wipers but not any of the others... Will try them first thing tomorrow.

i have an mr2 and when i turn the ignition key all the way on the car starts

lol when i had the 750 i did notice that when you came to a stop the wipers went from constant to intermittent

also the obc can be used with secret functions cant remember how but you can get readouts such as liters of petrol left etc

also on a 750 if you put the right pedal all the way down things start going past faster.....much faster

this fast

post-279-1257701760.jpg

and look it gets 55mpg at that speed :P

Yeah on the E39's you can hold down the two stalks on the dash cluster to have it turn to diagnostics mode. Then one of the tests will turn everything on and do full sweeps like what Brent is doing.

Wow I didnt know any of that. I wanna try them when I get home :)

Anyone know what model cars that the OBC secret functions work for?

They don't seem to work on mine (it DOES have the digital air con unit).

you prolly notice this but dont take any notice if you know what i mean....On my e 34 if you have been driving with the lights on and you arrive at your destination and turn the key off....internal lights come on instantly....

Anyone know what model cars that the OBC secret functions work for?

They don't seem to work on mine (it DOES have the digital air con unit).

Pretty sure its the 18 button one it does not work on the 11 button one, If you push the buttons they say it comes up with funkion or something like that. But the secret function on the digital air con works great i put mine on 7 and you have the digital spedo lol.

That's how I got my avatar :)

I also like the code immobilizer. I'm not 100% sure what will happen if you enter the code wrong though... Anyone?

Pretty sure its the 18 button one it does not work on the 11 button one, If you push the buttons they say it comes up with funkion or something like that. But the secret function on the digital air con works great i put mine on 7 and you have the digital spedo lol.

I was really looking forwards to using the 7th function! :(

I was really looking forwards to using the 7th function! :(

If you have the digital aircon then you should be able to access this function, If i can on mine i cannot see why you can't on yours.