Sign in to follow this  
Italiano_87

Help with my E30

Hi all my 1988 320i E30 auto gearbox karked it on me a couple of weeks ago and have been looking to buy a manual conversion kit to replace the auto... if anyone can help me please let me know...

am looking in the conversion kit for a:

g260 gearbox

drive shaft that comes from a face lift and then just everything else that is included in the kit.

You can contact me on 0211351368

Use to be Red/Burgandy right ? blueish interior ?

Why do you need the G260 though? the 240 is plenty for alot of uses.

People say that a g260 is stronger but in a road car Its not going to be stressed unless you do something stupid like burnouts etc

People say that a g260 is stronger but in a road car Its not going to be stressed unless you do something stupid like burnouts etc

So doin burnouts in a 260 would be bad?

Why do you need the G260 though? the 240 is plenty for alot of uses.

I just got told by my mates that a 260 would be better than the 240... but what gearbox should i put in for best performance ?

well... the fourth and fifth ratio on each box is the same, just the first - third ratios are slightly higher on the 240.

Burnouts in ANY car is bad. not just for the gearbox either.

Edited by antil33t

It doesnt matter what box you put in, the only difference is that the 260 is stronger

It doesnt matter what box you put in, the only difference is that the 260 is stronger

Im just goin by wat u say bro as u know more than i do with bmws... i just want my car fixed...

Getrag 240 is perfectly fine. I had one behind my 2.7 m20 stroker and it was fine, more power / torque than a standard m20b25. And even when it was turbo it held up fine.

Don't think I have seen anyone have issues with a getrag 240, guys in the U.S are using them (from 318is) for m50 swaps etc, No issues..