Sign in to follow this  
Aaron320iSmith

Installing headunit in e30

I want to install a headunit in my e30. But there seems to be a problem, it looks like the whole dash has to come off for me to be able to get the old one out and new one in. Also in the owners hand book it has diagrams of the original tape decks mine has the same name on it as one of them but it looks completly different??????

i'm pretty sure there is already a topic on this but anyhow....

little flaps halfway up on either side lift up to reveal allen key style lugs, undo them and pul out stereo, unplug stereo.

rewire new stereo, (may require cutting off plug?) install new stereo following the instrutions if new, use the easy sleeve method where it simply holds itself in place and can be removed using the removing tools.

something like that, it's childsplay really.

When you wire up your new head unit DONT even think about just twisting the wires together. Either solder them together with heatshrink over top or use crimp connections.

When you wire up your new head unit DONT even think about just twisting the wires together.

sh*t all my stuffs be held together wit some gum and blutac, its the shizzle, and it sometimes even goes too, bonus bro.. now i needs me chromies, and gotta losen sum stuff in da b00t so the mad rattles can be herd by tha ladies y0.

iam teh mad elicktrishin

I think I just wet myself -

yep just a squirt.

BOT:

Or use strip connectors or crimp plugs that way you can pull it all out without cutting anything if you want to later on.