Sign in to follow this  
SiK-E34

Dentists!

F-Off. Head in to have four wisdom teeth removed with only injections and tell me you are not a bit shitted. No one enjoys having there Jaw held open for three hours with the sound of your teath smashing echoing through your head followed up with not being able to eat, smoke of drink anything for four days whilst still working.. My dentist was as apprehensive as I was!

Pansies. I think not.

Don't care at all about the Dentist. Had braces for a year so quite use to it. I wish I could afford to go now though. Teeth are stuffed. Thanks to braces they are quite weak.

I had 4 wisdoms out a few years ago,Bloody painfull afterwards but not as bad as its made out to be.

2k later and a week off work I think it was.

I had all 4 impacted wisdoms out in April whilst awake, several stiches ...

ate slop for a week, only had a few panadol and didn't even touch the synthetic morphine

pussies

Agree it wasn’t as bad as people make out but you’re kidding yourself if you can honestly say you were not nervous going in to have it done!

Agree with the bill too, wish I had dental insuranc, wisdoms out under anaesthetic would have been 3.5-4k, without cost me $1,700!

Edited by Apex

Hate them, but don't fear them. My old dentist removed the wrong tooth by accident (good job!) She basically had one foot on my face and pliers on my tooth and pulled as hard as she could, first slip, second slip, third time lucky.

Haven't been back since :|

You all need to harden up.

I had my face smashed in an accident in 2005. Shattered 5 teeth. 3 hours of surgery with no anaesthetic as they'd already given me as much morphine as they could picking out tiny slivers of tooth one by one. Then stitched up my gums and had to eat no solids for a month. Surgery included cosmetic on my lip so I didn't end up looking like one of those south american (or is it african?) women with the plates in their mouth. Thanks to the New York plastic surgeon who happened to be at the hospital that night catching up with a friend.

Then once that healed they cut my gums open again, spent over and hour drilling into my jaw and inserting metal posts in my jaw. Sewed up my gums so the jaw could heal - another week or so with no solids.

Then a few months later when the bone had healed I got my gum cut open again to expose the jaw, and 4 ceramic implants screwed into the posts to replace my teeth.

All the time between the accident and the implants being completed, I had to use a partial denture so I could eat and talk (and not look like Jethroe Clampit's long lost banjo-playing 4th cousin. Now I know how my grandmother felt. Those things are sh*t.

Have had the implants replaced once since then and see the dentist minimum of twice a year.

Thanks to ACC for footing the $40,000 bill for the implants, but I pay for the follow-ups.

I can't say I like going to the dentist, but drilling a filling with no anaesthetic is not half as painful as what all the above was. I know as I had a filling last month and asked for no anaesthetic as I too am sick of the numb face afterward.

Ive never had a problem with the dentist, I like going in fact so then I know my teeth are all good when I leave..

Although heights i am not a fan of!!

Oh and needles, really hate needles, although after 57 injections over 24 hours and a nice 26 after that to the face I got used to them.... yum

post-29-1259907226.jpg