Sign in to follow this  
leithcm

E36 323i Coupe 1/1996

Hi All,

After watching in the wings for the last quite a few months thought I would "make my presence known" as it were. This is my first BMW, acquired just over 3 years ago.

While is a little older than what I originally intended buying, this one had a genuine certified odo of 17,070 km's when I first drive it; with such low k's it was worthy of attention. Nothing out of the ordinary has been done (so far), only extra work has been the Trademe specials (plates and Style 207 17" wheels with Pirelli runflats); and from E-Bay the 18 button OBC (wired in correctly so everything works) and a BMW CD43 head unit. After the odd niggle brought about by the car had sat for so long hardly ever being used were straightened out, it is a sheer delight to DRIVE!

Had a JATCO flairing 1st - 2nd problem, which I solved by replacing the TCU with one out of a 4/97 320i (later updated EPROM) - now works perfectly - well as perfectly as an auto can be!

Cheers, Chris

post-1357-1260561398.jpg

post-1357-1260561407.jpg

post-1357-1260561417.jpg

post-1357-1260561428.jpg

Welcome to the forum Chris plently of like minded people here more than willing to help :D

nice looking car mate,

that's some damn low km's for a '96

Welcome. Good to see another E36 owner on here :D

I would also like to know the ins and outs of fitting the OBC.

One reasonably cheap mod to do is swapping the orange front, side and rear indicators for some clear ones. Makes a huge improvement to the look of the car.

welcome mate , nice tidy 36

Welcome Chris and nice plate. Was the 18 button easy to do?

Hi, Thanks for the words of welcome.

The 18 button OBC conversion was quite straight forward, I found a very good descriptive document on www.bimmerfest.com - here is a link: http://delauer328.iespana.es/OBC/OBC_2.pdf . I did my homework, got everything ready first, then got my son (apprentice auto electrician) to help me do the conversion. Took about 1 1/2 hours!

One reasonably cheap mod to do is swapping the orange front, side and rear indicators for some clear ones. Makes a huge improvement to the look of the car.

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. I did also consider the angle eyes, but heard not-so-good things about the one piece units - apparently one is supposed to get the type that have the corner lights separate, right?

As I said to Mpulsive the 18 button conversion was very straight forward, had no issues at all. I did fit the right indicator stalk as well. If you would like to know more just shout; here is the link for the "tricky little book on how to do it" - http://delauer328.iespana.es/OBC/OBC_2.pdf

Edited by bikerchris

Do you mean a set similar to this one on Trademe?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-259675590.htm

Does anyone know the quality of these?

Cheers, Chris

Umm i think u wud be after ones like this

TradeMe

The ones above are for e46.

I got mine replaced with clear front ones from bmw but should have looked on trademe for some cheaper ones:p

yea whoops were supposed to be these ones

updated

Edited by Brenton

you are right, looks a LOT better!

Welcome to bimmersport mate.

Just one word of warning though regarding your lights.

You have an E36 coupe and you must get lights for a coupe. The Sedan lights are different and do not fit properly.