Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Audi Quattro anyone?

Drooling!!!!! Love it :D

Was a thread on here a while ago discussing these.

I had one but it was the kid sister to this one - Non Turbo version but still a great car. Always have a soft spot for these cars.

Drooling!!!!! Love it :D

Was a thread on here a while ago discussing these.

I had one but it was the kid sister to this one - Non Turbo version but still a great car. Always have a soft spot for these cars.

This one is the kid sister isn't it? Still a nice car.

That red turbo that was discussed before was a fairly special piece of machinery (with price tag to match if I remember correctly!).

This one is the kid sister isn't it? Still a nice car.

That red turbo that was discussed before was a fairly special piece of machinery (with price tag to match if I remember correctly!).

Nup, This one real mckoy. Easy tell by box guards & 5 stud wheels. Mine was Quattro & similar look but standard shell & 4 stud

RS4s are awesome. Much better than that Quattro.

Aye?? RS4 is a Quattro. And if you are comparing an RS4 with this - there's nearly 20 yrs age difference.

These cars pioneered the 4WD rally scene in early 80's & for a few years - nothing touched them.

I reacon that Audi somewhat lost the plot with next models although in last 10yrs or so have put out some blinding cars

It's the same argument as E30 M3 vs E46 M3.

There is no real difference in price. Your head says E46 every time, but the heart wants the E30.

Aye?? RS4 is a Quattro. And if you are comparing an RS4 with this - there's nearly 20 yrs age difference.

These cars pioneered the 4WD rally scene in early 80's & for a few years - nothing touched them.

I reacon that Audi somewhat lost the plot with next models although in last 10yrs or so have put out some blinding cars

Yeap. Just the RS4 is the same price and a whole lot better.

It's the same argument as E30 M3 vs E46 M3.

There is no real difference in price. Your head says E46 every time, but the heart wants the E30.

yeah but the e30 is a looker !!!. that quattro dont even compare in looks..

They were less than 10k only a few years ago. He is mixed up as to how collectable they actually are, for 40k you would want something quite special.

An RS2 Would be nice.

Guest Simon*

*waits for golfboy666 to post up pics of his own Blue RS2 exactly like one above that he dailies here in the Bay ;) *

That car isn't over priced, I mean put it this way... How many Audi Quattro's are for sale at the moment? Bugger all, they're rare & they are very collectable! It's what they hover around & I've seen them as much as 60k. They are as rare as an E30 M3 - it's foolish to compare one of those to any RS or S Audi. The awesome handling of anything model with the Quattro label after it owes this to that car. If it wasn't for Quattro, rallying would be dismal, Subaru & Mitsubishi owe alot to these cars.

Jump on YouTube & checkout their noise that they make, they are a very aggressive sounding engine & the 5 cylinder give pretty good punch for it's time.

Internets tells me they made like 11,000 of them, but only 2,000 of the RS2 Avant. Same engine. I know which one I'd choose for $40k.

Also pretty sure the last UR Quattro I saw for sale was ~$25k.

RS2 is pretty good and just as good as 1 of these.... the 20V quattro is better, and the ultimate is the short sport quattro.... check it out...

That car isn't over priced, I mean put it this way... How many Audi Quattro's are for sale at the moment? Bugger all, they're rare & they are very collectable! It's what they hover around & I've seen them as much as 60k. They are as rare as an E30 M3 - it's foolish to compare one of those to any RS or S Audi. The awesome handling of anything model with the Quattro label after it owes this to that car. If it wasn't for Quattro, rallying would be dismal, Subaru & Mitsubishi owe alot to these cars.

Jump on YouTube & checkout their noise that they make, they are a very aggressive sounding engine & the 5 cylinder give pretty good punch for it's time.

Yea na, you can buy them for 900-5k thousand pounds in England, they are not rare or collectable.

And I won’t speak of their performance :ph34r:

Same engine

But the URQQuattro has less than 200bhp while the RS2 has well over 300.

There was a nice one a Taupo race park last time I was there, didn’t have the Blue Alcantara option but was still sexy, love the Porsche Brakes, mirrors and bumper lights.

Did they make a S2 Advant?

Don't think they made an s2 avant.

I know the RS2 has 300+hp - I still remember there was a line in the magazine article about it when it came out, praising the performance and criticising the fuel economy (something about it making OPEC happy). Remember this was when fuel economy didn't really matter...

Internets tells me they made like 11,000 of them, but only 2,000 of the RS2 Avant. Same engine. I know which one I'd choose for $40k.

Also pretty sure the last UR Quattro I saw for sale was ~$25k.

BUT the Quattro has way more history than the RS2, I'm building a Quattro model right now because they're so awesome. I'd never heard of an RS2 up until a couple of months ago.

Very true.

Mind you, I drive an E36 M3, so clearly performance and not looks or history matter to me.

Hmm yes id say a 20V turbo urQ would be worth around 40, lesser ones seem to be around 20-30. Sportquattros are something like 300,000 or whatever the seller demands!

Yea na, you can buy them for 900-5k thousand pounds in England, they are not rare or collectable.

And I won’t speak of their performance :ph34r:

Dont be such a hater... your opinion is a little too strong, cant you seperate things and see a car for its merits?

Edited by nath

I retract my opinion. I was like a kid that found out Santa wasn’t real when someone took me for a ride in one. Guess we need to find these things out.

Merits are the sound of the 5 cylinder Turbo engine and solid build.

I enjoy Audi’s marketing of the Quattro System and admire they still use it as a tool to sell cars as if it’s some great new technology that they invented.

Yeah, RS2 - the Porsche fettled wagon one. Awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS2_Avant

Posted Image

No need to put a pic of mine up, it looks just the same as the one on this thread :)

ur quattro's turned rallying on its ear with its quattro system, for this reason it will always be a motorsport classic.

I think the ur quattro is to Audi fans what the E30 M3 is to BMW fans. Both have there place in Motorsport history, both are great drivers cars and both will be respected by true car/motorsport enthusiasts.

The last model ur quattro RR (20V) is a rare car, they have 220BHP, only 3 were sold new in NZ.

The Daddy of all quattros is the Sport though (short wheel base model).

Audi replaced the ur quattro with the S2, basically the same engine as the RR but in an Audi 80 shell and available in 3 variants, coupe, wagon and sedan. In 1993 Audi did a facelift to the S2 range introducing most notibly a 6 speed gearbox and upped power to 230BHP.

In between 1994-95 Audi and Porsche built the RS2, this was the last evolution of the ur quattros 5 cylinder turbo engine. The RS2 puts out 315BHP, is limited to do 262km/h, gets to 60mph in 4.8sec's and 30mph in 1.5sec's (faster than the then current F1 race cars and the McLaren F1 3 seater supercar).

Hopefully I didnt bore you BMW boys to much.

Oh, Apex, the ur quattro that you were for a ride in couldnt have been right, these cars do handle well, have good feedback and grip very well.