Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

difficult Back discs-E30

So in all my excitement I tapped...not smacked the new discs on and realised 5 mins later I hadn't degreased the disc. now I cant get it off, its tight as sh*t! and i cant understand why, it went on fine, have loosened off the handbrake as much as I can in the car. It's just stuck on the handbrake shoes,

If I pull/force it back off is it going to damage the handbrake mech much or at all?

I love beginners mistakes :rolleyes: lol atleast ya learn from them real quick

Any suggestions?

TIA Andrew

Adjust the handbrake with a screw driver in one of the wheel nut holes, look in a manual to see which one it is. Then it will loosen the hand brake and you can pull the disc off. IMO I have never greased any of my rear discs putting them on.

nah im not greasing them!! lol, they came with oil/grease. and I put the disc on with cleaning all the crap off.

was going to do that! nice and easy but noticed that i cant turn it at all, handbrakes way too tight. just wanna get the disc off and then adjust it,

You adjust it as Nathan says by turning the knurled star wheel with a screw driver through one of the stud holes.

When it's loose enough so that the drum is just making contact with the shoes it is adjusted correctly, and you should be able to turn and remove the disc.

is that link E36 only or E30 as well?

is that link E36 only or E30 as well?

Same procedure except cars with rear drum brakes are different

Edited by *Glenn*