Sign in to follow this  
turboprop

M52 E30

Over heat badly?

Nah.

But it dropped all its coolant again on the way home today, fooking heatercore.

Edit:

Also, moved the swaybar mounts from the control arm to the strut. Has made the front much stiffer and its alot more controllable in a slide (seems to be more positive).

Edited by turboprop

Had bit of a play around.. swapping around ECU's etc. the "405" ecu from an e34 goes much much better then the "403" out of the e36, not sure what the differences are but they are there. Its like a completely different engine.

soon we will be remapping it

Had bit of a play around.. swapping around ECU's etc. the "405" ecu from an e34 goes much much better then the "403" out of the e36, not sure what the differences are but they are there. Its like a completely different engine.

soon we will be remapping it

405 is newer than 403 ecu ,. 405 will run cats normally

402 is about 91/92 and so on upto 405 1993

then 412 413 414 are vanos m50 type

How do you mount the sway bar mounts to the struts ? Any pics ?

Will get pics next time im over. Same as the M3, except mounted to the spring perch instead of the strut (didnt want to weld with the shock in there)

405 is newer than 403 ecu ,. 405 will run cats normally

402 is about 91/92 and so on upto 405 1993

then 412 413 414 are vanos m50 type

Oh yeah..

I wonder how much difference there actually is in the timing / fuelling maps between the two. With the 405 it goes like a cut cat compared to the 403.

Will get pics next time im over. Same as the M3, except mounted to the spring perch instead of the strut (didnt want to weld with the shock in there)

Oh yeah..

I wonder how much difference there actually is in the timing / fuelling maps between the two. With the 405 it goes like a cut cat compared to the 403.

Do you remember what ECU I have Peter?

Do you remember what ECU I have Peter?

No. I cant imagine there been that much difference between ECU's, mine may have been chipped, can see that the ECU has been apart before. Ill pull it out when alex gets his chip burner and make some copies and possibly some adjustments to the tune.

Compression ratio is 11.7:1 :o

Edited by turboprop

No. I cant imagine there been that much difference between ECU's, mine may have been chipped, can see that the ECU has been apart before. Ill pull it out when alex gets his chip burner and make some copies and possibly some adjustments to the tune.

Compression ratio is 11.7:1 :o

Keen for a chip bei.