Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Stripping Gearbox & need a torx socket

Just wondering if there is anybody in the Hamilton area that has a torx socket I could borrow as I am stripping my old auto gearbox and scrapping the alloy along with a s--tload of other alloy scrap. I dont have any torx sockets & need one to dissamble the box so I can sort it from steel & alloy (get more that way).

So if anyone in Hamilton has one I could borrow (probably an hour or 2) that be awesome.

PM me or reply on here.

AND YES I am going to buy a set soon when I got some $, just no money to spare right now, so just thought I'd see if anyone can lend me one.

If you dont intend to put them back in you should be able to smack a smaller imperial sized 17 tooth socket onto it and it should open.

Probably pay not to do that though.

Most annoying part about torx sets are most are 3/8"

I ended up buying one doing my engine swap.

I have a love hate relationship with torx.

Love because I true believe its the best drive head around

Hate because bugger all use it and I can't justify the $$$$ you need to buy a qaulity set of sockets.

Sulco for the win ...

Ive got some

Would you lend me one? Im not sure on the size though? But there is F'n heaps to remove - they are all over the place! But its small one. Have got the sump pan off it and thats where all the bolts are, on the inside. Not a good sight :lol:

Ashkan, what you mean by that? I just need to gut the insides which is all held together with the torx bolts.

Sure. Cant remember what size exactly either, i think they were mostly 10's with some 12 or 14's. Ive got Koken E8,10,12,14

Sure. Cant remember what size exactly either, i think they were mostly 10's with some 12 or 14's. Ive got Koken E8,10,12,14

10 and 14 to get the bolts off (may be wrong on the 10, i know the 14 is right though) that hold the gearbox/tranny to the engine, havent cracked a gearbox open though so i dont know what the deal is inside it

I would take a photo but dont have my camera. I only need the torx socket for the bolts inside....just need to gut it and thats it (all torx bolts) the others are normal bolts.

Scrap buyer shuts at 12pm so was hoping to have everything done by 11am so maybe pick up around 9am? Would that suit you? Have you got 027, can you PM me your number.