Sign in to follow this  
pommy

installing drive shaft

I had to have my gear box recond, so my mate helped me takeout the drive shaft. Now I have re installed the gearbox I have re installed the drive shaft but because my mate took it out without scribing or marking a point as it says in the owners manual! I was wondering if it would still be ok to start up without damaging anything? thanks guys.

Make sure the two universals (one on each half of the driveshaft line up e.g totally match each others position/both universal knuckles are entirely flat the same as each other).

When you drive the car you will know if it is out of balance. Not much fun having to replace and redo everything when you have it unbalanced, ask me how I know <_<

Hope that makes sense, good luck.

Was the driveshaft split into the 2 separate parts?

If not you don't need to worry, driveshaft only turns when the car is moving too btw.

And it only causes vibration.

If it was split into 2 pieces, Make sure the u-joints are the same way front and rear, just line them up cos thats how they need to be.

thanks for your replies no it was brought out as one piece! and installed back the same way, so thats means I dont have to worry to much? thanks for making my night lol!

Yep. If you didnt split it in half then you have nothing to worry about. It will still be balanced. Just throw it back in and do a skid.

Yep. If you didnt split it in half then you have nothing to worry about. It will still be balanced. Just throw it back in and do a skid.

Mark's sig is prime example of what happens when you do a skid.

I have found driveshafts don't like skids much. Ironic?

Mine loves them. For some reason when I take my driveshaft out my car stops doing skids?