Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

Broken Bridge.

You and me both.

Will go see if the local wrecker has any heads lying around (he said he had some before, but they had warn cams and stuff)

You and me both.

Will go see if the local wrecker has any heads lying around (he said he had some before, but they had warn cams and stuff)

hey man, by the time you have priced up head bolts , head gasket, cam belt & tensioner, etc etc. it might be cheaper to get another motor, especially if this motor is unknown and could have other bad work habits done that you can not see

hey man, by the time you have priced up head bolts , head gasket, cam belt & tensioner, etc etc. it might be cheaper to get another motor, especially if this motor is unknown and could have other bad work habits done that you can not see

It's allready a "new motor" it's been in the car less than a month.

The motor runs fine, I've done about 3-4,000km on it. Compression 140~psi per cylinder.

Honestly If I need another motor I give up. No one In Dunedin has anything I have to ship everything.

Edited by antil33t

Run her til she blows IMO. What else are you gonna do with it? $900 m20 coffee table it?

Run her til she blows IMO. What else are you gonna do with it? $900 m20 coffee table it?

Thinking the same. It doesn't feel like it's gonna explode. Then I should have the dollars to M50 the dear car.

I showed this to some on e30tech, Peerless (Absolute e30 GOD) had a good look at it.. He observed and posted this back.

Posted Image

Are the side towers already welded?

I repaired a friends engine (Broke cambelt), bent valves, broken bridge. He didn't have alot of money so gave him his options. He chose the cheapest option, replaced bent valves, new cambelt, head gasket, headbolts, left the broken bridge as it was. Did it for him at cost plus a few beers, told him to cross fingers and hope for the best. 2 years and still going... I have been waiting for it to die so I can buy the leather and schnitzers.