Sign in to follow this  
bdogg

My bomb..... need advise

What do i need to make my car look nice? first thing to go are the alpinas.

i think i should lower it but my driveways steeeeeeep... maybe airbag so i can get up :D

post-9-1106564613.jpg

ok if u sell them, i would be really keen aye. is that an alpina scoop to? nice. yeah lower it, but sh*t- that plough on the front wont take much lower will it?!

Second dibs on the alpinas :)

I've always been a fan of clear or smoked front indicators and repeaters, esp on a black car.

Also, what side and rear kit has it got - there cold be room for improvement there?

It's been said before, but I'll do the honours this time - Lose the bloody ridiculous japanese numberplate bracket on the rear.

All you need to do is unscrew the plate, then unscrew the bracket, then drill two holes in the plate to match the ones in the bracket (where it was attached to the car - use the bracket as a template) and then attach the plate directly to the car using the screws from the bracket and through the rest away.

As far as smoked lights are concerned, the pop up on the forum from time to time, otherwise you can try and source them locally, but your best bet is an overseas aftermarket parts distributor. Prices vary.

Why do you want to sell the Alpinas ?

Youve got the front skirt and the wheels, do the honest thing and get the rest of the kit to match.

Refurbish the wheels, get the locking centers add the odd Alpina logo and your away with a very smart looking car that you wont see around every day.

I have a very soft spot for Alpina :wub:

Cheers

Martyn

Lose the exhaust, Keep the Alpinas and do what Martyn said :lol:

Your car looks damn good now, please don't go sticking some advanti's on it <_<

don't listento them - sell the alpinas to me or nath.

Hah - na, they look really good and you should tidy them up and leave them on - why do you think we want them?

But, if you don't like them, you should have no prob selling them if they are priced appropritately for their condition.

I think all your car needs is a tidy up. Tidy up the wheels and buy new centre caps. Polish it all up - give it a proper clean inside and out. Remove the jap no. plate bracket, I agree with surge - the single large exhust doesn't do the car any favours, maybe get a bit of carpet dye on the rear parcel tray as it looks like mine before I did it, and by then you'll have a half-way decent car.

What everyone else said. keep alpina's, clean it all up. Shadowline (paint the crome around your windows black) also looks real good on black cars.

Yeah nice ideas... hahaha i was gona buy some advantis 17's. Ummm by the way where do i get the centre caps from? i have one but thats half broken unless i tape it on. shadowline? do u mean just paint over it?

(E30stz re-enters the arena after 3 weeks on Outward Bound)

Hey guys,

Shadow line can be done much easier and less permanent than just painting it.

Do what Gus did to his recent car, and stick was it tinted film over it. If you dont like it, you can have fun in pulling it off. Did wonders for his v'nice beast.

Edited by E30stz

Yeah nice ideas... hahaha i was gona buy some advantis 17's. Ummm by the way where do i get the centre caps from? i have one but thats half broken unless i tape it on. shadowline? do u mean just paint over it?

arrrghhh ... noooooo dont do it!!!!! (/me hates advanti wheels :D) Say after me .. I will not put chrome wheel on a BMW, ever. I will not put chrome wheel on a BMW, ever.

If you do go 17s ... possibly look at getting a similar multi spoke ... it'll look the poo dropped about 20-30mm

Edited by hybrid

tints yah say, interesting. Lol i wouldnt ever dream of putting chromies on i was after the five spoked alloys. i would hapily trade my alpinas for em':) so what brand springs should i get? kingz.... etc

Tints make car look much better IMO, espicially if you do shadowline. Gus used sign writing vinyl (or something like that) on his and with the tints it looked very cool. As for springs lots of people have jamex but there are loads of different options out there. Do a search, theres heaps of threads already.

tints yah say, interesting. Lol i wouldnt ever dream of putting chromies on i was after the five spoked alloys. i would hapily trade my alpinas for em':) so what brand springs should i get? kingz.... etc

Don't just change the springs if you still have your orignal shocks. You will need sports shocks as well otherwise your original shocks will last all of 5 minutes.

Besides unless you are going for 'percieved' looks alone. You car will not handle all that well with sports springs and standard stock shocks.

Me, I have Bilstein Sports shocks and H&R Sports Springs, and that seems to be a good (and very popular) combination.

Cheers

someone once told me - king springs are very hard and you feel the bumps alot more, jamex ones are more smooth and ride better over the bumps.

so sport shocks aswell geeze... :) ne1 gt some got contacts... where i cud get em cheap? 800 bucks, hahaha shudve waited outside my house i think

4weeks ago when i put it on the road for rubish collection then decided 2days later to fix it. Tint the the chrome around the window? should i do the front aswel?

Talk to gus about the tint on the window. You can paint the front and rear windscreen trim (is that what your talking about?).

About the sport shocks- Your car will handle better if you upgrade the shocks and the springs so both rates are the same. Lots of misinformation about different spring rates etc but most aftermarket springs are all around 30% stiffer than stock (unless you start getting serious). Sports shocks are also around 30% stiffer than standard so match lowered springs well.

When i went from worn shocks to sports shocks in the back it made a far bigger difference than when i went from worn shocks to standard shocks in the front. That said, i am still using standard rate shocks in the front with lowered springs with out any problems for almost a year now. I do intend to upgrade the front but the car handles well enough atm and i would rather spend money on other little problems.

Hope that helps, (and wasn't too confusing)

Mike

how much was your setup?

i mite c if i can buy em 2moro and do the tint job at the same time. Nah i was talking bout the grill. i've seen some people with black ones they look pritty nice... ae?

You need to define for yourself what "looks nice"

Its your car, you own it, you drive it. If it looks nice to you, thats all that matters..

:)