Sign in to follow this  
Boyce

E30 ABS Removal

Hey Guys

After a little help as Im wanting to remove the ABS from my wagon so that when I get my cert it cam cover that too. What I need is a list of parts which I'll need to do the job. This is what I already know I need but is there anything else

Non ABS Master Cylnder

Non ABS Brake lines

Any help you could give would be great!!

Hey Guys

After a little help as Im wanting to remove the ABS from my wagon so that when I get my cert it cam cover that too. What I need is a list of parts which I'll need to do the job. This is what I already know I need but is there anything else

Non ABS Master Cylnder

Non ABS Brake lines

Any help you could give would be great!!

Whats the point of taking it out? You need to replace the struts and trailing arms as the hubs are different i believe. i was going to convert my car to ABS and i needed this so im guessing the opposite way is the same

Have a search on e30tech in the DIY section. Pretty sure there is a writeup in there on it.

Mine just has the ABS computer, ABS Reservoir and bulb in the dash removed. I wouldn't worry about swapping struts etc, mine has passed a couple warrants with the sensors etc still connected.

Technically and legaly speaking... if the AVI had access to vehicle build data.... if the car was built with ABS... it must retain ABS systems as this is what the car was built with for safety... for a road car I would say this would be more advantagious. I am a licenced AVI and if I checked a car for a WOF and the ABS had been removed I would reject the vehicle for a WOF. It is illegal to remove manufactures safety features built into a motor vehicle that are covered under the WOF legislation. ie: ABS , SRS

you can get it cert'd to be legal though cant you Glenn? that was always my impression.. so may aswell ask someone in the know

you can get it cert'd to be legal though cant you Glenn? that was always my impression.. so may aswell ask someone in the know

I'm not quite sure on that... I'm not a certifier... I always beleived you cant remove manufactureres safety systems for road cars... I may be wrong

Authority card lets you remove safety items on a road car, as per what happens with the E30 series cars. They change things like seat belts and brake lines and get a wof with the authority card, so I'd have to guess it can be done with certifying.

You can remove Air Bags and ABS as long as its certified have seen a few cars come into my mates work shop with these things on their certification plates. I have tried a whole range of things to try and solve the problem I just want it gone now. Is there anything I need to add to my list before I start ripping it out next week?