Sign in to follow this  
39KiwiTouring

Coolant Change M52 2.8

I really don't know f**k all ... I just like to post whore and pretend I know things.

BTW: I don't normally swear... sorry serious people

Well said Glenn!!

This e30ftw sticks his nose in everywhere, obviously trying to enlarge his e-cock. Have been noticing him with disgust. (and a bunch of other idiots just like him on BS..).

I wouldnt even get into an argument with the pratt, just delete his posts, that is what I do with idiots like this on another forum where I moderate. Then send them a warning to keep on topic etc and if they dont learn, ban them...

Well said Glenn!!

This e30ftw sticks his nose in everywhere, obviously trying to enlarge his e-cock. Have been noticing him with disgust. (and a bunch of other idiots just like him on BS..).

I wouldnt even get into an argument with the pratt, just delete his posts, that is what I do with idiots like this on another forum where I moderate. Then send them a warning to keep on topic etc and if they dont learn, ban them...

:o:D:P ..Sorry ... I had to laugh at that Bill.. and I was just thinking (while laughing) I think between you and I , we have about 80 years of BMW experience between us. You never know though... with all this new technoligy & NCEA teaching people to speak differently and know everything before they turn 20... we probably will become obselete :o... soon ??

Edited by *Glenn*

I dno' NCEA is pretty crap. I failed it (and look how I turned out to be :D)

Don't worry, the youngins will come crying for help when they break something and can't work it out :P

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

I dno' NCEA is pretty crap. I failed it (and look how I turned out to be :D)

Don't worry, the youngins will come crying for help when they break something and can't work it out :P

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

Bored?

antil33t 5-May 09 1,499 27 12.86%

I had to laugh at that Bill..

Bored?

Ahh.....how I laughed.

Sir Tony, how is Alice? I hope that you get the coolant mix right before you fire her up and make sure the impurities are missing so that the boiling point is high so you dont overheat her and blow her up... :wacko:

Bored?

Beleve me mate, I'm allways bored.

Interesting Percentage though.

Typical bimmersport bullshit.

I run 3% impurities to get opitmal boiling point / heat transfer. (impurities increase heat transfer but decrease boiling point).

Edited by turboprop

^^ Its what all the cool kids are running ha.

But yeah you're right. Hopefully the OP got some usefull info early on in this abortion.

Any way quick update I took it back in yesterday after the coolant change as the temperature guage was sitting at 12.00 o'clock as usual but would jump up to the red when I stopped or just randomly.

Called my mechanic who said it was normal lol. Anyway suspected air pockets as when you accelarated the water pump pushed the air past the sensor and down she went back to 12.00 o'clock in a matter of seconds.

So I have spent the day running up and down the road opening the bleed valve right next to the radiator plastic cap, heaps of steam then bubbly water, tighten, let pressure build up, more steam then bubbles, repeat for about two hours and finally just water running out that valve now.

Just completed a 8 minute 10k run and 12.00 o'clock the whole way where this morning it took me 15 minutes to drive 3k as I was freaking out hitting the red as it did.

So much for taking to to my mechanic aye, just pissed really.

Have I done O.k or should I try something else guage hasn't moved now that the heaps of air isn't in the line.

Thanks Braeden I shall do, re your advice other thread.

exactly what happened to mine..

turns out the theormostat + waterpump was broke... thought it was just air bubbles in the system as well. or your fan clutch is kaput

here was my waterpump after i took it out:

Posted Image

Edited by Docile

Yeah I think my WP and TStat are O.k on this occassion due to the leak down test.

It takes a while to bleed and he admitted he got busy, so just didn't do it, see how it goes I'll take my phillips with me to give it some road side bleeding if need be.

My symptons are just so conducive with air in the system, but who knows I've probably melted 2 or 3 gaskets today real impreesed.

Please tell me more about your symptons, and how you discovered the WP.

Also my top hose was tight as and the bottom hose flimsy as had nothing but air!

Any way quick update I took it back in yesterday after the coolant change as the temperature guage was sitting at 12.00 o'clock as usual but would jump up to the red when I stopped or just randomly.

Called my mechanic who said it was normal lol. Anyway suspected air pockets as when you accelarated the water pump pushed the air past the sensor and down she went back to 12.00 o'clock in a matter of seconds.

So I have spent the day running up and down the road opening the bleed valve right next to the radiator plastic cap, heaps of steam then bubbly water, tighten, let pressure build up, more steam then bubbles, repeat for about two hours and finally just water running out that valve now.

Just completed a 8 minute 10k run and 12.00 o'clock the whole way where this morning it took me 15 minutes to drive 3k as I was freaking out hitting the red as it did.

So much for taking to to my mechanic aye, just pissed really.

Have I done O.k or should I try something else guage hasn't moved now that the heaps of air isn't in the line.

Thanks Braeden I shall do, re your advice other thread.

No worries man, hope you get it all sorted.

I would take it in sooner rather than later, the rates there are very fair from memory

Edited by braeden.

my symptoms was:

standing still car would reach towards the red NO NO OMG NO LINE...

then running it would go back down to normal. prayed my ass of in the car not to get any red lights.. really dont wanna stop...

or going uphill would creep to 3/4.

got really pissed/annoyed/embarrased by it coz it happened on a date !!.. next day parked it in the garage, rolled my sleaves up and off goes the fan + shround, coolant, hoses, radiator, thermostat, waterpump.

thermostat was rust in colour and stuck open like only 6cm.

Wpump haha.. mine still had the orig plastic impeller.. and i just touched it disintegrated. bought new one from gavin. metal impeller this time :D

prob your fan clutch is not turning your wpump fast enough in idle and when you strain the engine.. wpump cant keep up.

I don't know about that I'll call Peter Beck on Monday, I just wen't for a few minute fang got to 12 0'clock stayed there I can here a whine now though prob WP screaming in agony as it's been run dry when the air passed, I'll take it to Palmy tomorrow with 2 litre and phillips and hope for the best.

Absolutely nothing coming out the breathers now and the heater works, really well.

Marked the water level in res so I'll go and get some gas tomoorw, watch temp, listen, and let cool when I get back and check if level in plastic tank maintains after that mission to town.

Bloody marvellous can't wait to tell the owners 0f the mechanic shop WTF is going on with this sh*t.

Wish I lived in Akl straight to Glenn so I can just do my lawns and etc.

my symptoms was:

standing still car would reach towards the red NO NO OMG NO LINE...

then running it would go back down to normal. prayed my ass of in the car not to get any red lights.. really dont wanna stop...

or going uphill would creep to 3/4.

I had similar symptoms ... on the way to a mates wedding, stopped at red lights and they took forever to change

when I took off from the lights, no power in the engine ... look down and the temp gauge is almost in the red and the car is in limp mode

it was fine when it was moving, but if I stopped then it would overheat

end result - viscous fan coupling had failed