Sign in to follow this  
flake

M50 spark plugs

It also hurts reading some of the crap we are daily bombarded with in here too... try hurting for a change... you might get the idea

Yeah... sorry. I have trouble putting what im thinking into words, especially when Im trying to explain things in a way for other people to understand.

I have trouble putting what im thinking into words

Thats good... at least your thinking... which is a great change to some of the things we have had to put up with on here lately.. its good... and I'm glad to see your positive response :D

I know weve gone completey OT on this... however.. I'm really enjoying this if nobody minds ??

Especially ... there is absolutely no agro

Try thinking... hemi head, 4 valves, induction flow, induction speeds.... does that help... I'm not giving the answer... I want it from someone on here... with technical proof

Oops and chamber swirl/flow

Oh... and think about the path that electricity takes... and why

Great Discussion. Hope you dont mind me putting in an attempt at an explanation, I hope to learn somthing.

The reason for the 4 electrodes (in my mind) is to aid the burn of fuel in the chamber or more specifically how the flame front proresses through the chamber. The spark is not a momentary flash but has a duration which as it ignites fuel (air/petrol mix) would be disrupted by the incoming charge and exiting burnt fuel as it progresses through the head and in the flame front in the chanber. 4 Electrodes provides greater chance of complete ignition (the spark always takes the path of least resistance) at the required moment in a way which the flame front can progress in a predictable most efficient manor.

This is my thoughts. Is that a reasonable explanation?

Edited by MLM

Great Discussion. Hope you dont mind me putting in an attempt at an explanation, I hope to learn somthing.

The reason for the 4 electrodes (in my mind) is to aid the burn of fuel in the chamber or more specifically how the flame front proresses through the chamber. The spark is not a momentary flash but has a duration which as it ignites fuel (air/petrol mix) would be disrupted by the incoming charge and exiting burnt fuel as it progresses through the head and in the flame front in the chanber. 4 Electrodes provides greater chance of complete ignition (the spark always takes the path of least resistance) at the required moment in a way which the flame front can progress in a predictable most efficient manor.

+1.

My understanding is that it provides 4 alternate spark points so the plug actually 'chooses' the best path depending on engine loading. Or something like that.

You can also get plugs with two or three electrodes.

I have the Bosch plus 4 ones.

Hope I'm not being too serious!

Edited by bekker

That actually makes sence! Very interesting..