Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Aussie Topgear, Sorry just does not seem right.

I have been following Topgear now since it very first started and have always loved it. When the Aussie version of it came out i thought ok this might be quite good as its more to home up to date and reflects prices around what we would expect.

Sadly i feel they have missed the mark completely, They have tried to take off Topgear in its entirety with their presenters and personalities not to mention test's and the stig and it just feels all wrong.

Sorry but for me its a fail and i just cannot get into it.

What do you think good or bad. ?????

I cant believe the way they introduced the Stig, It was exactly the same way Clarkson does!

Also the test track is shocking.

My 2c

Yep, have to agree, it was shocking!

Tried way too hard trying to be exactly the same as the UK version. I wanted to punch the main presenter in the head ha ha.

Will not be watching again!

Watched the first episode ages back when it came out. Never bothered watching again. Did it get any better?

Is crap, trying too hard to be exactly like the original...

Nah hate it presenters are rank as, liked the paddock basher episode though, love paddock bashing that camry would of been good must of been complete shitters to end up in an ozzy wreckers as they don't have on going wof checks.

Top Gear Russia and Australia are both terrible. Thank God they didn't make a USA version in the end.

That guy off the Australian Top Gear has a pedophile moustache.

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPIC FAILURE the track is lame. the presenters try to act like the original top gear team its such a failure. they so should try to just present a show but not act like someone else? my 2c anyways rant over

Watched 5mins of god knows which episode. GF was shocked when I said - it's Ok, you can watch [insert some shitty chick program here].

Nup can't get into it myself either. As above - wannabes trying to take off the original - dosen't work!

Track is crap!

May have been a better show if they had gone into with their own approach & style, but - I wonder if Jeremy had the controlling "influence" on how the show was to be presented - I suspect so

i hvnt seen it yet. seen some tiny bits of ads here and there... might go check out an ep.. then come back here and rant

The presenters are freaks and totally try to rip off Top Gear UK. I know TG UK is rehearsed as well but the Ausy one is shocking, they sound like they are reading from a book in form2 haha. Cars are sweet though so ill mysky series link it all

hehe, when I saw the first episode I thought it was weird too, the presenter each have their own uk presenter to mimic, its so .... whats the word im looking for.... unimaginative or fake? Not to mention the camera work.... but then it would be hard to beat the uk original for camera angles and shots.

Edited by M325is

oh that was so bollocks!!!.. they way they review the cars as well its like.. it's all scripted and they are reading.