Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Nick's '99 323i Project

Thought I'd combine the threads I have started in the past into one Project thread. Although it's not gonna be a huge transformation with engine swaps and suspension overhauls I thought I may as well have one place where I can update for those who are interested (and so I can see how far its come!).

April 7th '08

The original trade me photos! Picked up 7th April '08 from Thames. Awesome drive back. Stock as it came out of factory except for a headunit and hot air intake :wacko:

Thread

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

June 30th '08

First upgrade was a center armrest. Best upgrade you can do to the interior of an E36.

Thread

Posted Image

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

February 17th '09

Installed 5000k white bulbs into the fogs, low and high beams. Made the front end of the look so much more modern. Also German plates finally!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

June 7th '09

De-spoilered. Turned out better than I thought it would. Looks a sh*tload cleaner. Very happy.

Then afterwards added one of my black lip spoilers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

August 27th '09

The Bimmer got more presents than me! Suede Gear and handbrake boots and armrest cover. ZHP Weighted shortshifter gear knob. Angel Eyes and eyelids.

September 28th '09

Dying the new leather door cards Black! The ones I got were grey so they would have looked silly with everything else black.

Thread

Used VHT Satin Black Vinyl Dye. Would strongly recommend. Goes on awesome and has that cool little sprayer nozzle that none others have :P

Posted Image

Before Right and After Left.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

October 6th '09

The biggest change to the car. White Leather Electric Sports Seats and Umnitza Angel Eyes. Leathers awesome, completely changes the feel and look of the interior and the Angel eyes look amazing in my opinion.

Thread 1, 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Probably missed a few things but these are the main posts. Always replacing little bits to make it minter. I will update this thread now.

Cheers guys.

Latest update!

Clear rear tail lights, Roof Racks, Wood grain trim, M3 Mirrors and Painted Lip Spoiler. Also have replaced all the perishing rubbers around the rear window and the vent windows.

Awesome drive out to Piha with my mate. Love it there, definitely my favourite place. Had to get some pictures.

Roof racks are actually E34 racks, genuine. Cheers to Nick (.e36) for your help yet again! Cut them down about an inch and now they fit perfectly. And look amazing IMO. Bonus that they came with ski and snowboard locking holders! Score!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got M3 side mouldings courtesy of Nigel. BMW want $5 each for the clips! With the amount I need that's over $120! Yea, right. Will be ordering off pelican parts soon. Also still have that awesome Strut Brace which I have been meaning to get polished. Someday.

Lowering. Coming soon... Hopefully.

Still one of the better E36's on here.

Roof racks do nothing for me though, looks a bit rangi.

Love this car, Also unsure on the racks, I think they look kinda out of place.But if you use them for gear/boards etc then allgood

Guest Simon*

Looks great but don't envy your new increase in aerodynamic drag

There goes your fuel efficiency :D

Haha, cheers guys. The opinions I was expecting!

Only really running them today cause I was just extremely pleased they actually fitted. Anyways I like 'em so you guys can get stuffed :P

Looks Sick Nick..Who restitched your armrest ?

Looking awesome Nick, looking alot sexier compared to the last time i saw it

Such a good looking car! Was gonna say all it needs now is the side skirts but you got that covered ;)

Interior looks great.

Looks Sick Nick..Who restitched your armrest ?

Cheers man. Ordered the set of suede boots and armrest from the UK. Been meaning to replace the black with a set of white boots. Think it would stand out a little better and match the interior. Keen to hear opinions.

Looking great! Now to replace the replica rims!

They're genuine wheel whore. ^_^ Ex factory, 7.5 all round. I do however need to get them reconditioned sometime. The previous owners managed to somehow scratch and scrap every single wheel.

looks mint! planning on keeping that "wooden plaque on the passenger side? ;)

Cheers. I don't know about the wood. Its not the colour or grain I was thinking of but Ray's a legend and found it for me. Running it for the moment until I find another set. Kinda 50/50 atm.

Cheers for the comments guys. :)

Cheers. I don't know about the wood. Its not the colour or grain I was thinking of but Ray's a legend and found it for me. Running it for the moment until I find another set. Kinda 50/50 atm.

Cheers for the comments guys. :)

I had the darker wood grain in my old 320i, Looked OK but ended up replacing with the plain black