Sign in to follow this  
APT

Squeeling from engine after valve clearance.

Just adjusted the valves on my M20B25 now when i start it, there is a very high pitch Squeeling sound that comes from the engine. Valves were reset a TDC at 0.3mm (Engine Warm).

Anyone know what could have caused this ? wrong Gap, going to try 0.25 later when the engine is stone cold.

Cheers

You didnt just leave the engine at TDC on number 1 cylinder then set all the valves without turning the camshaft did you?

TDC at each cylinder both exhaust and intake sides at TDC.

TDC at each cylinder both exhaust and intake sides at TDC.

How did you determine TDC on all 6 cylinders ??. E30's need to be done cold... remember ? I did offer

Did you touch anything other than valve cover and valves?

Nah man

Didn't think the bracket on top of the rocker cover to the Intake manifold served a purpose but just a support. Put it back on and now it purrrrs

How hard was it to do for you? I'm tempted to take mine to the mechanic to have it done by someone who knows what they are doing.

To be honest man, it was only that frame thing that stumped me.. Give it a go its pretty easy really just time consuming, i'll email you a better DIY if you want.- its in word format

BMW quoted me $71 + price of new valve cover gasjet if wanted, to do a valve adjustment on my m20. Seemed like a pretty decent price IMO.

BMW quoted me $71 + price of new valve cover gasjet if wanted, to do a valve adjustment on my m20. Seemed like a pretty decent price IMO.

Thats Cheap

Not hard to adjust just a bit fiddly. The local ex bmw mechanic did mine for $40 so id rather pay that than do it myself.

Hells, I got quoted at like 120 bucks.

Our Family's mechanic isn't particuarly interested in Euros.

hmm 71 bucks at the stealer sounds sort of allright... Allways keen to show up in a filthy e30 to outdo the angry woman in her 318i (lol angry woman story lolololol)