Sign in to follow this  
offset

buyers guide for E30/E30 touring?

hey all,

hmmmm, have had a recent fascination spurr of a new love for the E30 Touring's! Saw a very very nice one parked up on the side of the road near mission bay, and its soo mint and well done, no doubt, the owner maybe a member on here?

anyways, it got me thinking, and I've scoped the market on trademe.

just wondering, if anyone and could please shed some light about these vehicles, there only seems to be one mint red 325 touring on trademe, which seems to have an attractive price at the moment. other than that, they seem pretty rare in a very tidy respectable (up to my standards type of condition).

ups/downs of owning an e30 touring, or e30 in general? common problems, what to look for when looking to buy etc? some good in-depth information would be good for a noobie like me!

Thanks

Saw a very very nice one parked up on the side of the road near mission bay, and its soo mint and well done, no doubt, the owner maybe a member on here?

Boyce's touring will find you a link

Edit: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....27226&st=30

Edited by AJ-E30

they pretty much share the same platform as the E30.

Parts are plentiful.

Maintenance is cheap

NZ New ones are only comes with a measily 2.0

Drive one.....

Nice thing about it is you'll be lucky to spot one on the road any day of the week :)

What mark said..

E30 Tourings are hard to come by, but when you find a good one grab it and hold on! But if you arent a fan of getting attention then dont get a touring. Everywhere you go someone will talk to you about it.

Touring Pros: Attention, extra space, a portable bed, somethng different, normal E30 parts fit.

Touring Cons: Apparently the tailgates get rusty. Little bit more pricey.

If you can justify the extra cost go for the wagon, you wont look back!

So I think the tm one has been discussed no?

Regardless,anyone know it?

Boyce will have his up for sale sometime soon as he plans to go overseas. Not sure on dates though.

is there a big difference in performance between the two?

is the touring arse heavy or anything like that?

The touring is only marginally heavier, like 60kg or something and it actually benefits in some ways it because the weight distribution is closer to 50/50

awesome, my pfl 325 i had was rather tail happy bit of extra weight in the rear would keep that in check.

fingers crossed i can get a touring then =)

looks mint from the picture and the amount of work thats gone into it. Why not call the seller and go see it for yourself?

The red one is a steal! An added bonus is the black leather, which is so hard to come across in a touring!

My bet is you won't buy a E30 Touring.

My reason is you have been given positive afirmations by a host of E30 owners who have explained they are pratically the same as cars.

You are still looking for objections and reasons not to buy and you will find one eventually.

Just my observation.

so what else is prone to need fixing/replacing/go wrong/break in these things? and where are the common rust spots?

Rust spots I can think of, are Passenger/Drivers side floors (check for wetness on the carpet)... Boot/spare wheel hole...

Sunroofs... (if fitted)

what does everyone think, or does anyone have anything to say about hte certain red one available on tradmee atm?

The Red one on Trademe is mint. Alot of money has gone into it. If you are really serious give the owner a ring hes a nice guy.