Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Mongoose Alarm

Anyone know how to disable the automatic alarm setting on these?

i.e. you disarm the alarm and open the boot, start putting in shopping or whatever, a few seconds later *chirp* the car is alarmed, close boot, open drivers door and the alarm goes off.

RAGE

i.e.2. pull up to PnS gas station, stop engine, get out and swipe CC and enter details, car goes *chirp*, open up the fuel flap & cap and start pumping gas then the alarm goes off.

RAGE

If you're in the car and try to start it after it's done that *chirp* it'll do several *chirps* and you gotta disarm again to start.

RAGE

Anyone know how to fix this to a more user friendly mode???

Do you still have the manual ? or is that like receipts ? :P

You could Try Grant (hotwire) or google it maybe, but you would need the model #

Edited by *Glenn*

I've got a mongoose as well, i think it's just how they are set up, unsure whether you can modify them or not?

Who the hell keeps manuals??? I never got one with the car being a private sale, where would they hide the control box?

Who the hell keeps manuals??? I never got one with the car being a private sale, where would they hide the control box?

Mines up above the right hand foot well speaker, should be a little clear box with a blinking LED.

Anyone know how to disable the automatic alarm setting on these?

Firstly - do you know the model alarm?

i.e. you disarm the alarm and open the boot, start putting in shopping or whatever, a few seconds later *chirp* the car is alarmed, close boot, open drivers door and the alarm goes off.

Sounds like boot is not connected to the alarm. Alarm is auto rearming (going back to previous state because it hasn't seen a door open). Remedy - connect boot switch circuit to alarm

i.e.2. pull up to PnS gas station, stop engine, get out and swipe CC and enter details, car goes *chirp*, open up the fuel flap & cap and start pumping gas then the alarm goes off.

Sounds like system is set for auto arming (different to above "auto rearming") whereby activating 30 sec after last door shut. This function is programmable & pain in the arse when activated.

If you're in the car and try to start it after it's done that *chirp* it'll do several *chirps* and you gotta disarm again to start.

Auto immobilisation - programmable on some

Anyone know how to fix this to a more user friendly mode???

As above - yes, but methods depend on model

So how do you go by reprogramming it?

Depends on model alarm.