Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Bilstein shocks?

Hey guys sorry for noob question, but what are the benefits of me replacing my current shocks in my e30 325i facelift with some bilsteins from a 325i motorsport?

Im unsure what shocks are in mine now, but they are yellow. And its on jamex springs.

Any help would be appreciated cheers

We shouldve taken you for a jam in matts car when we were up your way, then you would FEEL the benefit!

If the shocks you are looking at are in good nick you will be pleasantly suprised, the bilsteins are nice and firm yet comfortable. If the springs are right for the shocks the car will handle great around corners and will accelerate/decelerate alot better over bumps and rough terrain. All in all a great compromise between handling and ride comfort.

If the current shocks in your car are old its probably a good idea to replace them anyway. If they are yellow they might be monroes.. or bilsteins :ph34r:

Where do people buy their Bilstein shocks new from? (sorry hijack)

There was a thread about new bilstein shocks a while ago, if you dig it up you might find something useful. But then again.. you probably wont.

Order them from Pete @ Muffler and Exhaust.

If they are yellow they might be monroes.. or bilsteins

OEM sach they do yellow as well

Haha so in other words mine could be OEM, monroe or bilstein? haha. anyway i could find out what they are without taking them out?

the size of the spear on bilsteins is larger than oem i think (diameter) but from bounciny your car a bit when we were up at yours they defenently didnt feel like bilsteins..

Defenently invest in some dude , they are amazing, give the car such a direct feel on the road

the size of the spear on bilsteins is larger than oem i think (diameter) but from bounciny your car a bit when we were up at yours they defenently didnt feel like bilsteins..

Defenently invest in some dude , they are amazing, give the car such a direct feel on the road

Ok sweetas! hey give us a text about those spacers numbers 0212938321, could be keen for them

Find out if they are Bilsteins first.

If they are, then they are rebuildable.

Where do people buy their Bilstein shocks new from? (sorry hijack)

Try Autolign in Auckland Ph.(09) 5299511

i paid $1490 for a set of Bilstein B6s from Autopassion.

well worth it, im loving it!