Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Cheap X5 - Could be?

X5 3.0sd

Wonder how that chap managed that job, bet he felt $1 million bucks after that!

To re-iterate:

Posted Image

Edited by Clinton

Haha, keeping mine as it's costing me a fortune now to change cars too often when buying from a dealer!

I'm going to put the Motorsport E70 wheels on mine and get it re-chipped (which will make it as powerfull as the twin turbo ones) then in about 12 months I will be getting a E70. After driving it all day today and with the variation of driving I've done (towed today, went to airport with family in it with luggage, blew away a D4D Hilux up Saddle Hill) I think I've found myself the perfect car for my needs.

Could be right there, it's gone, I got an email saying it's been sold to another TM Member.

Guy there had a point though, why would it void the warranty? It wasn't de-reg. Also, if a car is "water damaged" doesn't virtually EVERYTHING have to be replaced?

EDIT: It had a personalised plate, so probably privately owned?

Edited by Clinton

is the x5 that useless for outdoor? i thought it was supposed to be a urban / if i wanna go over mountains i can type of car?? that water has not even gone past over 1/2 of the wheels. crossed a river with my 94 hilux and almost got stuck, water over bonnet, water leaking in. but got out and no damage to engine. although fan belt started whining. but got me home :D

x5 is just a big as station wagon then?

so review on top gear is right.

I'd say the driver was doin' it wrong'

the air intake on them is right at the top behind one of the kidney grills?

is the x5 that useless for outdoor? i thought it was supposed to be a urban / if i wanna go over mountains i can type of car?? that water has not even gone past over 1/2 of the wheels. crossed a river with my 94 hilux and almost got stuck, water over bonnet, water leaking in. but got out and no damage to engine. although fan belt started whining. but got me home :D

x5 is just a big as station wagon then?

so review on top gear is right.

I was thinking the same thing. If I ever need a 4x4 I'll go with a Hilux, not a $100,000 shopping trolly.

I'd say the driver was doin' it wrong'

the air intake on them is right at the top behind one of the kidney grills?

If it is, it's still well out of the water

Edited by Mark247

+1, looking at how the water is flowing in the photo he is heading UP-stream, always best to head DOWN stream, causes less of a bow wave up the front of the vehicle and is generally easier / better!

Lucky it was only on one cylinder, must only have been a small amount of water.

Bloody soft roaders. It should be able to deal to that crossing no sweat. Was doing the molesworth with my old man in his Landcruiser and decided to go through the river instead of over the bridge. Water almost up to the window sills. Needed to winch to get all the way across (f**k it was cold!), but truck didn't miss a beat. Slightly wet carpet from water leaking in up through the drain holes. Was dry before we got home.

a tarmac only 4 x 4?? am i missing something??

when the world is infested with flesh eating zombies im not going to steal one of those to try and get away. steal a hilux diesel instead LOL..

They aren't really designed to go offroad, get a Hilux/BT-50/Navara if you are planning to do that kind of work. That said, the water wasn't high at all, so I'd put my money in saying that the driver punched it through that water and created too much of a bow wave & in turn the water was taken in the air intake. I've had 2x LJ-50 Suzuki's, Hiluxes and up until about 5 years ago we were out every weekend with a small syndicate, you learnt quickly when dealing with water what to do and what not to do. Panicing is the worst thing out & seeing how fast your car can go through a river is a no no. That thing has so much grunt I could just imagine the drive panicing and flooring it.

I was thinking the same thing. If I ever need a 4x4 I'll go with a Hilux, not a $100,000 shopping trolly.

100k?

this one was 171k LOL

They were never marketed as a 4x4.BMW call them SAV (sports activity vehicles).Lokks like there is a bit of a hole just behind him