Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

New 20's on E53

Looks mint IMO - they really suit it & I rekon it's made it sit a bit tougher.

Posted Image

Posted Image

they look good, completely change's the look of the car

Edited by Jamez

Guest Simon*

Am I allowed to say I don't like them? :D

Just my opinion - they look too big on a non-kitted X5 and a little weird like a giant snowflake.

Do however like the 3.0TD X5's they rock. Enjoy!

Oh and are we taking bets on how long you'll keep it?

I say 3 months ;)

haha, nah, I'm keeping this, can't afford to put that amount of wheels on the car and sell in 3 months mate, 12 months atleast!

Looks good. I am going to put it out there and say with the color of your car they would look slightly better maybe gun metal or dark metallic silver :ph34r: nice work though :)

they look nice!!! i wish i could put them on my car , i agree with the tints aswell but if u got the dot matrix on the back window its not worth it .

Looks good. I am going to put it out there and say with the color of your car they would look slightly better maybe gun metal or dark metallic silver :ph34r: nice work though :)

It is a gunmetal, the pics don't really do it justice really, it was quite sunny when I took those snaps. It looks dark in some lights & light in others with the metallic.

This is what it looked like...

Posted Image

The photos aren't your best work - I honestly can't tell if they look good or not (suspect yes).

DEFINITELY an improvement. I'm used to seeing those wheels on the latest model X5 (E70?) so I kind of prefer them on those. I reckon they'd look a bit cooler if you got them painted a darker grey/gun metal colour.

Noooooooo, no paint LOL!

They do look alot better in person, I just went outside to grab my wallet (mrs wants some money ffs) It's given it a tougher stance. The wife, who walked past it before hasn't even noticed... I do remember telling her I'm sure.

They do look alot better in person, I just went outside to grab my wallet (mrs wants some money ffs) It's given it a tougher stance. The wife, who walked past it before hasn't even noticed... I do remember telling her I'm sure.

Without a doubt. Looks a million times more bad ass.

Giant rims ftw.

Would be kinda cool lowered a little... but then it makes it a bit useless.

They look like them new Commy wheels?

Can't say I'm a fan though mate.

Would be kinda cool lowered a little... but then it makes it a bit useless.

X5 drivers go off road!? no wai

They're just not an offroad car IMO

I have my ATV for any offroad use/need.

Can see where you are coming from with description but to be honest - with respect - I prefer the originals - albeit maybe bigger rim version & shallower tyre

Looking at those pics it just doesn't look as good as it does walking up to it, I've had a few comments from people outside my shop & customers already asking what width the rear tyres are & how good they look on it. How much wider can you go? Is 315 about it for an SUV?

I go away for a week and look what happens! Did you pay $3200 with your existing wheels as a trade? Did they use then new Sport Truck II's on the wheels? 315 is the recommended width for the rear and should be 275's up front. We sell 9.5" front and 10.5" rear which is what the Sportpacs come out with factory.

The wheels do look much better in the flesh so to speak!

post-1835-1267431560.jpg

Hey there.

We're a bit far away for you guys here in Dunedin, otherwise I would have used you guys. I've got the same wheels as you had on that MK1 E53 315 on the back 275 on the front, the thing hugs the road better than my old GTS Commodore, without a word of a lie.

I've paid $3200 with wheels & tyres, fitted & balanced, they were going to trade my old ones for $500 but I've decided against it & I'm going to list them on TradeMe very soon @ $1 reserve. I hope to get about $800ish for my old ones as the tyres are 7mm & the rims are A1.

Cheers.