Sign in to follow this  
leigh

sup. whats the down low guys?

hay guys and gals.

im new to the bemma scene. currently a nissan guy.

but ive come over to the lightside to say hi, as im trying to get my claws on a nice E30 daily driver.

i havnt got one yet. but id like to know a few things if someone could please help me with some questions.

id like to know basicly if theres much i need to look out for on e30s. both coupe and 4door.

ill either be going with a 318 or 20i auto. a low and slow cruiser is what i want just havnt decedied completely on coupe or 4door or engine ext. but will def be an e30.

so yea what are they like for rust? any worry areas to look for?

transmissions hold up sweet? anything engine wise to beware of?

or anything in general i should know before buying one?

thanks guys. leigh

always look for rust on a E30! lol. 318's are always for sale with blown gearbox...simple fix...don't try do skids in them... a 325i is worth the extra money from what ex E30 320i owners say when they upgrade to the 2.5 donk.

Get a 2.5.. Ive owned 2x 2.0's and a 2.5l and the difference is huge

You will regret not getting a 325i...

Be anal when looking for rust, under carpet if possible, bottom of doors, sunroof, under battery (if in boot), around tail lights...all over the show really

cheers guys. thats a great help. and im on a bit of a stretched budget when the time comes and im nto after power. just reliable and good on gas. so 318i or 20i will be most likely

ive got a fast gas hungry pig nissan already haha. comfy and nice is what im after lol.

thanks for the heads up on the rust. i will deff be real anal when choosing the right car.

I have PM'd you with a suitable daily driver

cheers guys. thats a great help. and im on a bit of a stretched budget when the time comes and im nto after power. just reliable and good on gas. so 318i or 20i will be most likely

ive got a fast gas hungry pig nissan already haha. comfy and nice is what im after lol.

thanks for the heads up on the rust. i will deff be real anal when choosing the right car.

Well they say the 320 has the power of the 1.8 with the economy of the 2.5, so i wouldn't really recommend it for being good on gas haha.

Well they say the 320 has the power of the 1.8 with the economy of the 2.5, so i wouldn't really recommend it for being good on gas haha.

lol ok thats for that lil tips haha.

$2 keys. im not sure if thats ment to be good or not lol

this is true.