Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

Suby or BMW?

Which car?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure i mentioned somewhere previously that i am fussed over looks :lol:

And ugly just dont cut it :rolleyes:

yet you want an e30?

yet you want an e30?

I'd suggest you make a hasty exit if your gonna diss the E30 around here :lol:

I have no issue with pugs, cept that one was expensive, but citreons... make me gag.. as they do for most people!! I'm 19 not 91 :lol:

I could live with a 325i auto...

Oh wait.

Yeah i imagine i could too. But nah, compared to a 2L TT manual 4wd...

I could manage a 318 auto too, if it was under $500 :lol:

I'd suggest you make a hasty exit if your gonna diss the E30 around here :lol:

I have no issue with pugs, cept that one was expensive, but citreons... make me gag.. as they do for most people!! I'm 19 not 91 :lol:

it's really funny so much of the looks of the cars change with lowering and wheels.

I'll more than happly say most e30's ae ugly to me. The nice ones all have work done to them.

I know so many people that will forgive the looks of a car once they drive them. I'd say test drive as manY different cars as you can to experance a range of cars.

I beg to differ.

I know of a certain car that could do that :ph34r:

all of my cars can, the race car with room to spare. and my parents cars can too. even the mazda 2 iirc

1989 holden barina 1.3 with the suzuki motor in was my best dd, i got it for 200, used it as a bumper car at tek, ended up cable tying the front bumper back on, it was manual and was very quick for what it was. it would cost me about 30 a week on gas and it did awsome handbrake skids. Could even park it with the handbrake it was that easy. i had it for about 6 months thrashed the hell out of it. had some great fun in it and then sold if for 300

Edited by sydwayz e30

Hmmm E36s are totally within my budget too....

Any idea what could cause "Engine has a tappet like noise with a squeal sound sometimes when at idle" in an Auto 318i, 1992?

Fixable myself for cheap? Hope so hehe 3 car ownership would piss the parents off tho :unsure:

umm im not sure about 318s but m20s are shocking for noisey tappets as you know. squeal at idle will probs be a belt or a pully, mabey a bearing in one of the pulleys.

umm im not sure about 318s but m20s are shocking for noisey tappets as you know. squeal at idle will probs be a belt or a pully, mabey a bearing in one of the pulleys.

Yeah, i figured thatd be the squeal, my sisters car had it terrible after the water pump was replaced till the mechanic tightened the belts properly

Its $850 haha, how bad could it be? :unsure:

Never mind the $3k dad spent on a headgasket change when we had the 316i

As for the tappets, i pretty sure theyre hydraulic? So maybe just needs a bit of oil additive to hide the problem :lol:

Buy it dude! Is it an e36 or a late e30?

It's an E36. My parents would no doubt kill me for buying yet another car, but I do have a soft spot for them. After my sister wrote off our echo i spent the rest of my time learning to drive in a manual 316i with ALL the options. Leather etc, was awesome, and i miss it heaps..

Thats only the start price, and no reserve though so not guaranteed lol

dont get a 318 auto. its slow as sh*t and can be very boring to drive! speaking from experience! for same fuel economy as your rs get a 325i

I definitely do not want the same economy as my RS. It's crippling me, same as insurance premiums. I can handle boring for a bit, especially once my racecars up and running again...

And i agree, PFLs look damn good and I'm stoked i have one sitting in my garage :D

Mine is a manual too (never owned an auto ;) ) but it is terrible on gas, especially with the primary turbo spinning at motorway cruising speeds! And it doesnt seem to matter whether i drive it quick or gentle, it still keeps sucking it down...

You dont wanna know how much money i lose a week driving it for work :(

Thats because the legacys have a final drive of 4.44 (well, at least the BD/BG5C do) - 3000rpm at 100k or so. My 540i is cheaper to run on the motorways than my RSB. However, around town the RSB kills the 540 in the economy stakes.

I have a BD5 RS manual and find it's better on gas on long trips (the same, if not better than my e36 318) but once I start giving it the berries on backroads the gas just disappears.

I like how responsive it is for round town driving but that VOD at 4k rpm really just kills the buzz a bit.

whatever you do if its E30 make sure its a 2.5