Sign in to follow this  
Grant

E30 Parts

Hi All

For those of us who have aging E30's I have found a good supply of parts for them.

The guy's name is Ray, and his phone number is 021 162 5615 (he is happy to be approached for parts). He is wrecking a fair number and range of E30's. He is located in Orewa.

I went and saw him last night to get and try a few ECU's (Gus, the one he thought was from a South African 2.7 M325i didn't fit as it was for pre-facelift and only had the two rows of connector pins, i.e. it wasMotronic 1.0 and I needed Motronic 1.3).

Before you ask, he doesn't have any LSD's, and you would be behind me in the queue.

Cheers

As said before, I have dealt with him a few times (damn my secret parts supplier is out :ph34r: ) and he is really good and approachable.

Has a good knowledge and passion for the cars and so is good to deal with, but it also means he knows what things like LSD's are worth, and since he also sells to joe bmw owner who has no clue, his prices are not bargain basement. They are however fair market value, and he is prepared to offer discounts for multiple purchases, and is willing to negotiate on some items.

He was the one with the 15" basket weaves that hit $3k on trademe.

I never went to see him that weekend - I sent one of my minions instead - so did you ask him what he actually got for those wheels Grant?

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

As said before, I have dealt with him a few times (damn my secret parts supplier is out  :ph34r: ) and he is really good and approachable. 

Has a good knowledge and passion for the cars and so is good to deal with, but it also means he knows what things like LSD's are worth, and since he also sells to joe bmw owner who has no clue, his prices are not bargain basement.  They are however fair market value, and he is prepared to offer discounts for multiple purchases, and is willing to negotiate on some items.

I never went to see him that weekend - I sent one of my minions instead - so did you ask him what he actually got for those wheels Grant?

Yeah sorry I did ask him, he got $1100 for them, there was some kind of stuff up with the bidding.

Also I tried a variety of ECU's and settles on a 325i one (even tried a 530i and 535i one, but could 'feel' no advantage).

I think that the 325i one has improved my car a lot over the 320i one I had, it seems to keep pulling well after 5,000 rpm's now (actually up to just over 6,000 rpm's)...an improvement (but still not ideal).

Cheers

Grant, are you running a 325i intake bits (AFM, manifold, throttle body) or did you just stick the 325 ECU in with the stock 320i intake bits???

Grant, are you running a 325i intake bits (AFM, manifold, throttle body) or did you just stick the 325 ECU in with the stock 320i intake bits???

I have 325i AFM, manifold and throttle body (but in saying that the 320i and 325i parts are identical - even some of the same part numbers etc).

Getting air into my engine is not the problem, my problem is getting the right amount of fuel to mix with the air athigher revs.

Cheers

anyone from trademe got his email address. Might see if I can get some prices.

rayzor@freenet.co.nz

Cheers

I have 325i AFM, manifold and throttle body (but in saying that the 320i and 325i parts are identical - even some of the same part numbers etc).

Getting air into my engine is not the problem, my problem is getting the right amount of fuel to mix with the air athigher revs.

Cheers

I've heard that the 320i and 325i manifolds are the same, makes the 320i less torquey lower down as the mixture doesn't atomise properly until 1500 rpm

I'm assuming you're using a high flow filter and have freed the exhaust up a little???

Was considering replacing my AFM and throttle body with 325 parts and getting a 325 ECU...do you recommend the conversion, or is it not worth the effort?

The air flow meter is the same for both, and although the throttle body has a different part number, it is in fact exactly the same too (I am pretty sure).

The reason I changes ECU is to try and get the 2.7 performing better.

I don't think that you will see any advantages in the 2.0l by changing to a 325i ECU. I am pretty sure that performance won't decrease,but would doubt any increase (but give it a whirl, see if you can just borrow a 325i ECU off someone temporarily - they only take 2 minutes to swap in and out).

I'd be interested if you get any improvments, if so, it could be a good upgrade for other 320i owners.

Also, I have a pod filter in (which I am likely to change back to a K&N Panel filter, but maybe not till next summer, the pod will be ok for the winter). However I have been to lazy to heat shield it. At present I have the standard 325i exhaust (this was changed from the 320i one...but again I don't think theyare very different), however I have a badly fired cat still in place, but am getting this removed in the very near future.

Cheers

$3000? WTF? Its worth me taking them off my car and selling separetely!

$3000? WTF? Its worth me taking them off my car and selling separetely!

It was a mistake, they ended up selling for $1100 with nearly new tyres on.

Cheers

The throttle bodies are different the 2.5 is heaps bigger I had to modify the 2.5 one for my vac advance/retard lines (running a mod L-Jet system) when I did my engine swap.. the manifold is bigger too from memory well the bit the throttle body bolts up to is. Wonder if the 2.5 manifold bolts up to the 2.0ltr head? the exaust is a bit different, manifold and header pipes.. mine was a single pipe had new one made up stayed with the single

cheers Matt

edit; my england's gone to sh*t today... meant the manifold and header pipes are different. my exaust from the header pipes back is single 2 1/2".

Edited by MattA

The throttle bodies are different the 2.5 is heaps bigger I had to modify the 2.5 one for my vac advance/retard lines (running a mod L-Jet system) when I did my engine swap.. the manifold is bigger too from memory well the bit the throttle body bolts up to is. Wonder if the 2.5 manifold bolts up to the 2.0ltr head? the exaust is a bit different manifold and header pipes are mine was a single pipe had new one made up stayed with the single

cheers Matt

The M20 block has only the one sized exhaust gasket for the B20 and B25 so I would assume the exhaust manifolds have the same dimensions.

Correct it's the exits that are diff on the exaust manifold, has larger diameter pipes and 4 studs instead of 3 (was a bit of a budget blow out when I did mine.. was a student and had counted on using the old exaust)