Sign in to follow this  
shaQ

BMW 318IS SR20DET conversion

Little things that are becoming a problem :( never would of thought it would take this much hard work and time

No-one ever does! Coming along nicely though.

Updates?

Updates?

I am at the stage where i can't be stuffed anymore with this project any more. After leaving to fastcars.LTD for 7 month, car is still not finished. I ended up towing the car from there, as it was taking too long, and overpriced labour fee.

Still needs tuning, dodgy wiring, sparks coming out :(

they promised it will be done in 3 month, i was in the waiting list for over 4 month long before 2009, September i handed the car in on 27th of December. :(

i am at the point where i have spent way to much money, probably going to sell it as it is cheap on trade me :(

Edited by shaQ

no dont do that!!! your 90%. find somebody who will finish it the cheapest, then sell it if you still want to, unfinished projects sell for very little on trademe. you will get more to finish minus the completion cost than you will selling as is on trademe.

shh how am I meant to afford it then?

any ideas on how much cars cost to ship across the Tasman?

But in all seriousness, sorry to hear man. A wise man once said "Everybody playing the car modifying game gets burned atleast once". Sadly it seems to be all too common these days. Good Luck with which ever driection you take, personally I would get it finished and cut some skids before selling it ;)

no dont do that!!! your 90%. find somebody who will finish it the cheapest, then sell it if you still want to, unfinished projects sell for very little on trademe. you will get more to finish minus the completion cost than you will selling as is on trademe.

I spent way way way too much money.

Would have to buy all the factory ecu, afm, and factory injectors if i want to start the car up again then tun it. Plus re wires the whole car again :(

So what did you pay this company to do exactly?

Make mounts and put the engine in.........???????????????

Because that sounds like that's all they've done.......

^1

I will buy the motor off you.

So what did you pay this company to do exactly?

Make mounts and put the engine in.........???????????????

Because that sounds like that's all they've done.......

paid 7k for labour, and i supplied all the parts. and it took 7 month yet not finished :(

Bust out the DIY

i got my nissan as a 3 month finish a 90 percent project an its turned into a 2.5 years of fixing half ass jobs an going overboard with plenums an paint but hey thats what projects are about spending time your time an effort on it to get a result that will make you smile an laugh. by budget for the car got blown out the water yonks ago. if i include purchues price im over 13k spent an various shops, buying parts that didnt end up fitting an needing modifying an paying a hand full of slack welder/fitters to do half finished jobs from the last guy sorry to speel on but my view is keep it an have some fun with it after spending that kinda money on it just my 2.5 cents :rolleyes:

Just going through precessing with court with fastcars at the moment, they screw me over, just gave him another chance to fix it up only to find out another 4 month they did not even touch anything, and they told me it was ready for dyno, they made me pay for towing to xtunes only to found all the wiring was still the same.

over this project been over 10 month with fastcars.