Sign in to follow this  
Wom

Asking permission to go to bathroom

^^^

Hahaha that my friend is funny, exactly what i was thinking to.

From an Employers point of view Chris and no offence intended

Were you at work today ???

Half day - finished at lunch time :)

The best way i have found dealing with a rogue boss or manager is to knock them out, short and sharp one on the jaw lol

but seriously making a 'Formal complaint' is the way to go, make a copy and follow it up with a phone call,. My partner was getting picked on and hassled from her 2ic and manager for a few months, eventually i said to her to write a formal complaint, she did and both were reviewed and the hassle stopped...sure they probably don't like her but who cares, shes much less stressed now.

lol yep half the team and I are already working on that :)

Um righto, so the latest micro-management bullcrap that my boss is trying to pull on us now is that we need to ask permission to go to the bathroom, and have to tell her every single time we are getting up from our desk to go to the printer, get water, have a break and give a reason why.

I like this. Might have to implement at work. ;)

I was talking with a friend of a friend

He said that he thought he had heard my manager's name been mentioned by someone else ages ago.

So he asked a couple of people whether they recognised her name .... well apparently one of his friend's ex's used to work for her and within a few months of this manager starting, half the team had resigned and everyone was miserable.

I'm really going to have to speak up at my exit interview about this lady, she's going to just keep on making people miserable unless someone does something about it.

She is just not manager material, some people are and some people aren't.

2 other people I work with (it's a fairly small team) are also going for interviews elsewhere this week; at this rate she's not going to have many people left.

ps. got a 2nd interview this Friday ... now that's promising :)

pps. this time I'm on bimmersport during the day because I'm home sick :(

pps. this time I'm on bimmersport during the day because I'm home sick :(

I know....I rang and checked :P

Guest Simon*

Good luck with second interview Chris , and yeah make sure you speak up about current manager ruining the place for her staff.

I know....I rang and checked :P

LOL

ppps. daytime tv mega sux

Good luck with second interview Chris , and yeah make sure you speak up about current manager ruining the place for her staff.

Good news, I got the job I was interviewed for :)

Starting salary is $6,000 more than what I'm on now, and I can get cheap insurance (including car insurance)

OMG I'm so happy, it is such a relief to know that I wont have to put up with the crap at my current work place for much longer

Now to starting making notes for the exit interview

Excellent news Chris.

Should stand up and yell out "I'm going for a PISS now" and "Dont know if I will be back"

A smart negotiator could reduce her / his requests to the rediculous.

Firstly: Ask what the consequences are, if your request is denied [ a sarcastic comment like "can you control other peoples bodily functions" helps here also ]

They usually comment that they "never deny anybody permission" in their defence

You then ask "why is permission needed then, if it is always granted?" and "why don't we all ask for permission now, in the interests of efficiency"

Basically this Bosses requests are a "power trip" trying to suppress employees by demeaning them.

They have displayed their weakness [ or insecurity ] to you with their petty requests

Throw the truth back in their face , by reducing it to the rediculous

Any high pressure saleperson or interogator uses this technique to overcome objections

lol yea have been deliberately trying to find reasons to leave my desk so I can overload her with requests

she seems to have relaxed a bit more over the last week and has told her staff that they only need to let her know when they're going on breaks / lunch / home for the day

oh and her husband crashed their car a few days ago ... instead of asking him if he's ok, she started swearing her head off at him over the phone and slammed it down in disgust

poor guy

Edited by Wom

Posted Image

Forty years I been asking permission to piss. I can't squeeze a drop without say-so.

As soon as I seen that subject, all I could think of was Morgan Freeman saying that. SNAP!

lol yea have been deliberately trying to find reasons to leave my desk so I can overload her with requests

she seems to have relaxed a bit more over the last week and has told her staff that they only need to let her know when they're going on breaks / lunch / home for the day

oh and her husband crashed their car a few days ago ... instead of asking him if he's ok, she started swearing her head off at him over the phone and slammed it down in disgust

poor guy

I wonder if the poor guy needs to put a request in writing for intercourse & has to be signed off by the council & subject to solicitors approval???

Edited by Clinton

poor guy

We had a retard who was soo whipped at work it wasn't funny we where standing explaining something to him for the 6th time and he got a call from his wife having a go at him for something... cutting to the point... she hung up on him, and to seam more manly he started being all macho after she hung up... He was so stupid that he thought we wouldn't notice she had hung up on him, as the phone shows the active lines with a BIG RED LIGHT... he went on for about 4 minutes before he hung up.