Sign in to follow this  
pommy

feedback

Hi Was interested in some feedback!

I have a E30 325i 5spd coupe, which I have been working hard on for the last two years (on & off) but it needs to be re complied thanks to the last owner!

Now I have just purchased a 90 E30 318is 5spd coupe which I got for a good price and originally bought for parts for my 325 it needs some work but nothing a bit of elbow grease cant fix! but this one the rego is on hold and just needs a wof.

Im wondering which one would be the one to keep and from a cost perspective! I have spent so much time on the 325 its a hard decision. do I swap everything over from the 325 to 318is or vice versa obviously the 325 engine I want!!!

thanks for any help/guidance.

Personally I would tidy up the 318is as it will most likely to be worth more in the future so think of it as an investment.

I know it's a tough choice as I'm getting to a simular stage with my 200sx.

Personally I would tidy up the 318is as it will most likely to be worth more in the future so think of it as an investment.

I know it's a tough choice as I'm getting to a simular stage with my 200sx.

thanks for the reply! out of interest why could the 318is be worth more in the future?

There is only about 11 (ish) E30 318is's in New Zealand...is it NZ New?

On the other hand there are tons of E30 325i's

Low Supply = High Price can be charged as a derivative of demand.

f**k yeah High School Economics.

Edited by Forrest

^^ i did that in 4th form lol.

but yeah id go for the iS. i was in a similar situation a few years ago. Gut instinct ftw

^^ What he said, hell, that sh*ts even 5th form economics.

Keep them both, use the 318is as a daily and turn the 325 into a track car. Problem solved.

Wow just pulled a number out of the air stop crying about it.

If any of you are studying commerce at university you would know that it is also first year university work...

Keep both! Best of both worlds e30 wise.

No it was imported from Germany in 91 (does that not make it appealing anymore)? does it matter how many k's this has 181k on it I persume its in miles though!

sorry Ive messed up the conversation this was from forests reply earlier!!!!

Edited by pommy

Germany? Are you sure? They're left hand drive. Plus I think they use KM. Yours is more likely to be a UK import I would have thought?

I could be wrong

Germany? Are you sure? They're left hand drive. Plus I think they use KM. Yours is more likely to be a UK import I would have thought?

I could be wrong

your right on both accounts. i would bet on it being a UK import too

may be of use here http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ft_or_right.svg

colours are self explainatory

yeah you are right it just says on the History on the vehicle that it was imported from Germany in 91! It will more than likely be from the UK.

thanks.

I just put my E30 325i thru "recompliance", I got the easier $250 test because mine had been registered before a certain year...many places tried to tell me this test didnt exsist or claim they didnt know what i was on about but it does exist because i have the bill! haha.

the 325i actually went thru ok, too loud exhaust, drive shaft front flexi joint, headlights needing alignment, steering rack pinion play, repair certification, and I thought it was gonna fail hard and what not, so it may pay to try get someone to have a quick look before you give up or try cheap it out lol...i'd try keep the 318is original like everyone else is saying

I just put my E30 325i thru "recompliance", I got the easier $250 test because mine had been registered before a certain year...many places tried to tell me this test didnt exsist or claim they didnt know what i was on about but it does exist because i have the bill! haha.

the 325i actually went thru ok, too loud exhaust, drive shaft front flexi joint, headlights needing alignment, steering rack pinion play, repair certification, and I thought it was gonna fail hard and what not, so it may pay to try get someone to have a quick look before you give up or try cheap it out lol...i'd try keep the 318is original like everyone else is saying

Congrats on the good news mate was following your threads for a while! yeah I have listened to the wise and will clean up the 318is to good spec. and will continue to get the 325 re complied. out of interest can you remember the year of cut off for the different price?