Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

The touring dreams are made of....

I keep seeing "S52" - its the US-only upmarket E36 M3 Evo engine ----> what you mean is S50B32.

2JZ-GTE, would be a carnt but I bet he could do it.

Ha nah, just pulling, he is more against non-bmw engines than anyone on here. There have been a couple of close guesses so far!

Pinto.

But seriously... keen to see the action.

watching with great interest!

hmmm some very close guesses. So does anyone have any tips or advice in my 5 stud conversion? Also the viscous fan goes all the time like right from a cold start up and makes it sound bit like a truck. guessing this means the viscous unit has failed?

Also the indicators don't return on the steering wheel half the time, is there any way to fix this? from memory its a little white stalk or something?

Take the steering wheel off and have a look - should be some sort of little arm.

Supposedly the major tip for 5 stud is to make sure you pay up for a set of the later E36 M3 lower arms so the castor is right.

just poking round as i do...

drool :wub: so jealous, was my ultimate motor for my conversion

think you were referring to an s50!?! ,may have just found you out sammy :D

Haha im not going to say just yet, all will be revealed in good time. Have myself a LOT of saving to do put it that way.

Would anyone like to swap some rough recaro front seats for some really mint ones with cash my way? no rips or anything in the seats. Also looking for some mint leather door cards if anyone has any?

Im doing the interior in suede and leather so would be a shame to do it to mint cloth ones but doesnt really bother me.

Re: the BBS fitment, just checked offsets/everything and it's going to work. I have all the 5 stud info too, so don't worry about that anymore :D

Awesome!! good man! With the Ti rear? or m-coupe? I really need GC 5 stud kit dont i...

Edited by Sammy J

Well I would Sam cause one of my seats has a worn bolster but I'm up in Auckland.

ti rear will be sa-weet. Hunt down a LSD (or buy my spare one) and AKG bushing the hell out of it and it'll hold down the the power from the Sxx that's going in.

Wont buy an LSD for a while yet cause it will need to be a specific 2.93 one again so yeah.. Sweet sounds like a plan. Who was the guy from GC u said to email? i really need there whole kit dont i.....

Oh but of course! Well we'll still put the spare one in this weekend eh. And it was trevor.

Guest Ari Gold

ti rear will be sa-weet. Hunt down a LSD (or buy my spare one) and AKG bushing the hell out of it and it'll hold down the the power from the Sxx that's going in.

Done many 5lug and or S50 swaps have you?

S50 E30 wagon would be tits. First round these ways.