Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Odd M5 seats

Just looking at this M5 auction.

NZ New 1999 but has the luxo seats rather than the sports seats. Was this an option?

Never seen an E39 M5 with those. Or maybe I just expected them to all have decent seats.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-279835534.htm

Posted Image

Edited by driftit

Good observation Dan.Have some Sports seats here if you decide to buy.

Thats tuffffffff - Let us know how she runs! All the correct credentials, manual, black, black leather & NZ New.

I thought the same Dan.

me too i didnt think that was an option.I would always opt for sports seats.

Just looking at this M5 auction.

NZ New 1999 but has the luxo seats rather than the sports seats. Was this an option?

Never seen an E39 M5 with those. Or maybe I just expected them to all have decent seats.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-279835534.htm

Posted Image

Hi there, you will find that over the last 20 odd years, most BMW's had different options with seats. Most M power cars came with 'BMW sports seats' as standard, but there was the option to order what BMW called 'Comfort seats.'

The comfort seats tend not to have the functionality to have the front of the seat extended to provide further support.

Most of the E39 540i Motorsports seem to have the comfort seat option. They may be comfortable but IMHO they fall short in the aesthetics department!

Yeah but was it an option on the M5. I didn't think it was. My 540 has the comfort seats. And my god are they horrible if you are going fast around a corner. You have a high chance of ending up on the passengers lap.

Shame the seats you have are not tan Ray.

Yeah but was it an option on the M5. I didn't think it was. My 540 has the comfort seats. And my god are they horrible if you are going fast around a corner. You have a high chance of ending up on the passengers lap.

Shame the seats you have are not tan Ray.

All you need to do is install Carmen Electra or Elin Nordegren in the passengers seat and that wouldn't be such a bad thing - hairpin coming up - WOOPS! Sorry lady!

Edited by Clinton

I drove this car allmost a year ago when it was a private sale in Wellington.

The former owner ended up trading in on an RS4.

Its very nice, and as a bonus has a Tubi exhaust system - these in themselves are not cheap.

Just didn't tick all the boxes for me......8 mths later and I'm still waiting for the right one to come along.

Comfort seats were a rare option on the m5 however they do make the interior look more like a standard e39.

Check to see they have the buttons on the center console for the massage function... just in case they were swapped out.