Sign in to follow this  
brockie123

is it possible?

putting a m20b25 into my e30 that is currently a 320.. i want to also change the box to a 260 from my current 240. is it possible to take them both out through the engine bay? my crane allows me to angle the engne as much as i can. just wondering if anyone had done this or knew?

Yes it's possible. Technically you need a cert (bigger displacement engine), but otherwise it is a direct swap. Changing gearbox isn't necessary though, m20b25 will work fine with the 240.. Why do people have problems with the 240 !

Yes it's possible and it makes a lot easier just putting it back in with the gearbox attached as well, saves clambering under the car.

Just stick with the 240, pretty much what John said.

+1 on sticking with the 240. you will need a new driveshaft and shifter linkage (or shorten your factory stuff) to make it work with the 260 as well. not as easy as you might think!

Yup, definitely possible. If ya check the pics in my project thread, thats how we did it... in fact its such a mission taking the box off from the engine in the car that its considerably easier to just remove the whole lot. You may have to muck around with raising/lowering the car when your doing it (raise it to undo everything, drop it while your lifting engine) but other than that its easy.