Sign in to follow this  
bummer

Hi guys, few pix for you

Hi all,

I've been round the BMW scene a few years but never really popped my head over the fence until now.

I started with an Alpina White E34 535i 5-speed about ten years ago & have been addicted with BMW ever since! Some clown on a learner licence put an end to that beautiful (and highly modified) car, but I haven't been without an E34/E39 for as long as I can remember.

I have three interesting BMW's at the moment; my daily driver is an E39 540i that's been given the Schnitzer treatment (apparantly one of ten that BMW imported from new). Got a few km n the clock but I just love it - comfortable, reliable & goes like a rocket. Fuel economy isn't too bad considering we are negotiating Auckland's northern/southern motorways every day.

post-5380-1270967753.jpg

post-5380-1270968442.jpg

post-5380-1270968452.jpg

My pride and joy is my E34 M5 3.8 that I bought last month from John Wanganui, something I have been dreaming about for a long time. I saw a few of you were following the auction on Trademe and you are right as far as I can tell this is the only NZ New 3.8 E34 M5. This car is in great condition, I don't think the TM pictures

did it justice.

Interesting car to drive & it takes a change of driving style to appreciate it. I was initially underwhelmed when I first drove it; with all the power & torque at the top of the rev range this lady likes to be spanked.

post-5380-1270968691.jpg

post-5380-1270968668.jpg

post-5380-1270968680.jpg

My other BMW is a 1992 E34 535is 5-speed that I bought for my daughter - she did a bit of damage spinning it on SH17 about 6 months ago, I'll post some pix when it's looking presentable again. Nice car, factory motorsport kit in Diamondschwarz with the shadowline trim - bloody fast too. In some ways I'm glad the daughter doesn't drive it anymore, she is a Philistine behind the wheel and would have killed herself and the car eventually.

And every once in a while I'll pull this little beauty out - some would argue it's a bit like getting my d*ck out & I wouldn't necessarily disagree! Fun drive as long as it isn't raining & you like smoke in the cabin.

post-5380-1270969143.jpg

Cheers,

Tim

Very cool collection-love the e39.

Had a 911T once & 360'd it at a set of lights in the rain-tricky little numbers in the wet lol.

Wow,

Some of my favourite older BMW's there.

Welcome to the forum, I am glad the E34 3.8 M5 joined the bimmersport family :D

Very cool collection-love the e39.

Had a 911T once & 360'd it at a set of lights in the rain-tricky little numbers in the wet lol.

:lol: yeah especially with the skinny liitle tyres this one has on the back! God I just love the sound that thing makes though.

youve got some nice cars there :)

saw that e34 on trademe a while ago and have allways liked it.

would definatly like a 540 e39 as my next car, when all the projects are done.

youve got some nice cars there :)

saw that e34 on trademe a while ago and have allways liked it.

would definatly like a 540 e39 as my next car, when all the projects are done.

The E39 540i is a great car - to be perfect it would have the 6-speed but I don't think I'd enjoy those motorways so much. I guess the issue is always maintenance costs - I bought this one from McMillans with a 2 year factory warranty, had about 80k on the clock. I think everything must have broken in those first 2 years, I'll never forget Sean at service telling me they replaced to two blocked cats @ $4000 each!

Wow,

Some of my favourite older BMW's there.

Welcome to the forum, I am glad the E34 3.8 M5 joined the bimmersport family :D

Thanks very much, appreciate the warm welcome.

Must get the E34 535is sorted and post some pictures up here, I think it's the best looking of them all!

nice collection you have there .

Awesome bunch of large capacity 5ers. That e34 M5 is smashing indeed.

Welcome Chief!

Wicked collection!

What's the daughter drive now?

Drives me crazy to be honest.

For transport she uses my old 1992 MX5. Not too much of a punishment, spoiled brat!

Guest Simon*

A very nice collection to be sure

Do love that 3.8 M5 - only driven the 3.6 and they go great if you keep your foot in it

Welcome :)

Tim, congrats on your collection! I think I have seen your Schnitzer E39 before. Good to see the E34 has gone to a good home. I think I started the topic- re: the discussion about the 3.8 M5. I have an interest in the E34 M5's and was trying to track this car down several years ago. I knew it was indeed the only NZN 3.8 M5 in the country, but had no idea where it was.

Congrats again. Avus Blau looks fantastic in these cars. I heard it was heading back to Auckland but had no idea who the new owner was. Well done.

Edited by bravo
There's not need to quote the original post, and its really bad form to quote pictures unecessarily.

Very VERY cool collection you have there mate!!

Welcome too Bimmersport.

Tim, congrats on your collection! I think I have seen your Schnitzer E39 before. Good to see the E34 has gone to a good home. I think I started the topic- re: the discussion about the 3.8 M5. I have an interest in the E34 M5's and was trying to track this car down several years ago. I knew it was indeed the only NZN 3.8 M5 in the country, but had no idea where it was.

Congrats again. Avus Blau looks fantastic in these cars. I heard it was heading back to Auckland but had no idea who the new owner was. Well done.

Well thank you again - the Schnitzer does a lot of km in Auckland so you may well have seen it. It's loving the cool air at the moment - ate some little tosser in an Evo 7 on an onramp today, I should know better at my age but that baseball cap just pissed me off.

Just got the M5 back from the BM Workshop, had it serviced and checked out & it's in great condition. Never paid $240 for a set of plugs before though!

Tim

Very VERY cool collection you have there mate!!

Welcome too Bimmersport.

Cheers Cliff, appreciated!

Well thank you again - the Schnitzer does a lot of km in Auckland so you may well have seen it. It's loving the cool air at the moment - ate some little tosser in an Evo 7 on an onramp today, I should know better at my age but that baseball cap just pissed me off.

Just got the M5 back from the BM Workshop, had it serviced and checked out & it's in great condition. Never paid $240 for a set of plugs before though!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Btw- Which BM Worshop do you go to? Grey Lynn or Botany? I live in Hamilton but have always taken my cars to Ross at BM Workshop in Botany - he is a great guy and has an immense knowledge of these older special cars. He was the manager at Grey Lynn for many years, working for Guido before he started his own workshop. Either way, they are both very good.

I have a friend who has a very tidy 3.6 E34 M5 that is a 220,000 km daily driver and he swears by Ross's handi-work as well.

Regards.

Hi Tim,

Btw- Which BM Worshop do you go to? Grey Lynn or Botany? I live in Hamilton but have always taken my cars to Ross at BM Workshop in Botany - he is a great guy and has an immense knowledge of these older special cars. He was the manager at Grey Lynn for many years, working for Guido before he started his own workshop. Either way, they are both very good.

I have a friend who has a very tidy 3.6 E34 M5 that is a 220,000 km daily driver and he swears by Ross's handi-work as well.

Regards.

I've only ever used Grey Lynn, Guido and the guys are so good I haven't thought about going anywhere else. As I understand it they are independent shops but have the same DNA - I'm sure Ross at the guys at Botany are excellent too.

Welcome! I love the 540! Nice number plates too :D

Thanks very much, appreciate the warm welcome.

Must get the E34 535is sorted and post some pictures up here, I think it's the best looking of them all!

agreed!