Sign in to follow this  
bravo

My New smoked tails

Bought Gus's old tails for what I consider a pretty good price, esp considering the fast delivery - thanks again mate.

Put them in, and promised pics, so here goes.

In shade looks like this:

Which is phat...

post-8-1108611065.jpg

Reckon they could be a touch darker though esp when in direct sunlight like here:

post-8-1108611116.jpg

But to get an idea of the diff betwteen the old ones...

post-8-1108611154.jpg

One more:

post-8-1108611223.jpg

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

These are the first pics I've really put up of my ride - I am building it up to a basic standard before I do. Still need to finish rear spoiler, front valance, bottlecap mod and sounds before I am willing to post pics.

These things will happen over the next month or two as the front valance and erar spoiler need painting, I am still waiting on something for the bottlecaps (should have next week and will post pics of those then), and need to buy an amp and some new front components for the sounds.

i like it

i think that the darkness of them is just right

haha its like a a version of dans car . dark blue with smoked rears

i like it

The plan for the rear spoiler is the standard bootlip spoiler painted to match the car. Unfortunately I have to paint it and mount it (ie cut holes in the boot lid) to see what it looks like, and by then it's too late.

I might leave that bit if I see another car and don't like it, but it makes sense to get the spoiler painted at the same time as the front valance to save costs (the old one was damaged, so I got a secondhand one which needs painting.)

Anyone got pics of similar colour car with spoiler as described?

Also, I was originally going to paint my bottlecaps white, but after photoshopping it, it makes them look smaller, and they are small enough as it is, so prob leave them as is. But I will release pics of my other mod to them next week all things being equal.

Looks good mate.. lets see more photos of the car :) I've always liked that blue. I saw a M325i in Napier once which was the same colour.

hole for a spoiler are already pre-pressed. so all you need to do is find them and hole punch them out.

easier said than done. my car looked mint when i lowered mine without a spoiler but then i put my M2 on, and that just topped it off.

nice wheels. tarmac evos??? lol

Thanks for the positive comments.

Re: the spoiler - I was just gonna drill them as they are too small for a chassis punch, and even if they are perforated I'll prob still drill to minimise paint chip/crack.

Would love to see what it looks like with it on and still have the option to remove it. Only cost me $30 plus it needs prep work and paint, so if cheap enough, I'll just get it done and decide when its painted.

tim - Yeah the old wheels were too much and had to go.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

sweet so you got em all good...glad to see

as for the spoiler, why not just get another boot lid...then you can swap the spoiler and spoiler less look if you choose...

i dont know wat kind of spooler you want

didnt u hav a lip kind of one cos here is a few pics

of a E30 kinda like your with a lip spoiler

actually not sure if this person is a member here but the car looks sweet

post-8-1108703145.jpg

Edited by bimmer boy

Lovin it G :lol:

Can't wait for those pics of ya car :D

How do you smoke em?

Ha i always ask explainations for everything, from strut braces to smoke tails

Thats just me...........

Emma B)

There is more than one way, but if I am correct, these ones were done by OLLIE using an airbrush and some sort of paint or coating evenly applied to get the desired darkness.

Thanks ryan - that's exactly what I plan to do.

I think it looks good - I like the no-spoiler look too as it is more 'gangsta' whereas the spoiler look is more sporty.

Two boot lids - cunning idea, but I wonder how much extra the cost would be.

I might have a look on trademe, and do a bit of research at the painters.

There is more than one way, but if I am correct, these ones were done by OLLIE using an airbrush and some sort of paint or coating evenly applied to get the desired darkness.

Cool as

Mwahaha , in the dead of the night Emma sneaks out of her bedroom, walks to Mitre 10 and buys all the things

Then

Smokes the tails

:lol:

Thats if Mitre 10's open when everyones asleep

Forget it, its not gonna happen

Weird.