Sign in to follow this  
ron&hazel

No tyres for my M6

Can anybody help me find a new set of tyres for my new project.Size needed is Michelin TRX 240/45/ZR415.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Just buy a different set of wheels. TRX metric tyres will sting you $500+ per wheel.

Factory E34 wheels will fit with no modifications.

There is a 635CSi with Roulettes on it for sale in Auckland on TM, roulettes are off the E39, if the M6 have different studs, I'm not sure.

If E34 wheels fit you will be right big selection of rims available.

trx tyres are dangerous in the wet , and stupid money for old tech rubber

What he says^^^

What he says^^^

+2 Metrics are used by virtually no one nowadays (or at least no one of consequence), so no one really makes them, or spends time investing in the machinery/ development for them... and like Brent says, tyre technology has improved a bit since then! :D

imperial wheels FTW... sorry!

i have one as a spare complete with basketweave type rim.We would have to come to some arrangement for a replacement but you can have it as a swap .All you need now is for 4 other 535 or 540 owners with original spares to come forward!

I agree with you Brent, but saying that in the dry they are not that bad at all. Additionally, how many people these days drive their nice E24's on trashy days? :)

Additionally, I think if you are trying to restore a car like Ron's, the best case scenario is to make it as original as possible. There are more than a few E24 purists who will only have metrics sitting on their car as they were factory.

Another problem is what do you get that looks right? Being objective here, there are very few wheels that look right on a E24 M6. Style 5's are the ultimate option in my books but they are relatively expensive. I have seen a few E24's with 17" genuine Schnitzers which look kind of cool. Alpinas are fantastic too. However when you buy the genuine thing, all of these quite are expensive options.

However, too many E24's look naff in my opinion because the wheels they sit on just don't look like they suit the age of the car.

try drury tires.

i got a metric off them not long ago.

be warned tho. it took them 1+ hours to get two tires on the same rim.

first tire split its sides while being fitted.

very old rubber.20yrs+.

good tread tho.good for another 20yrs :rolleyes:

m

My mate was full set of TRX alloys and tyres sitting in his garage, tyres were about 1\2 worn iirc, god know how old they are.

If I can get a full set of these tyres will they all be 20 years old.If they are new would the rubber be stuffed.At $200 a piece maybe its still a good deal.The other option is new rims and normal tyres.Is the stud spacing the same on 5 series as 6 series

If I can get a full set of these tyres will they all be 20 years old.If they are new would the rubber be stuffed.At $200 a piece maybe its still a good deal.The other option is new rims and normal tyres.Is the stud spacing the same on 5 series as 6 series

yep any e24,e28,e34,e32 (NOT E39),even the later 5 and sixes have same stud pattern and very similar offsets.

Thank you so much you guys for your input.I feel I need to reply with the information that I have got.Most of your input has been so true.To cut a long story short the set of 4 tyres I was considering were manufactured in 1995 which I thought would have been great,not true.I had contacted the 0800.Michelin help line and they advised me tyres over 7 years old are not guaranteed and shouldnt be fitted to a car.So guess what I will be fitting new wheels and tyres to our M6.Once again thanks so much for your input.