Sign in to follow this  
modz

Which one would you pic?

A/C Schnitzer 525i, import, no leather. Looks horn.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=286861246

540 full option, older style Schnitzer 18's with service history. Tidy example, 4wd height tho.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=287256734

Im partial to the 540, because of the engine and its 2 years newer and $2000 cheaper, but the 525 is awesome looking, rare, and Im not sure I want the 540's leather.

Ideally - something that handles well, doesnt use excessive gas as a daily, can tow a tandem with race car when required and isnt a 4wd.

thanks in advance

Edited by modz

Guest Simon*

540 all day long. The V8's are where it's at.

That 525 isn't rare. It's VERY low spec and all the Schnitzer bits are just bling put on in Japan. Ignore it and move on.

That is all :D

where does it say 530 on the 1st auction? its more likely to be a 523i given the year. I dont even think its proper schnitzer, looks like its got the standard Msport kit and someone has just put on schnitzer wheels and a trademe badge. find out if the wheels are staggered, could well be fakes if they arent. Havent driven a 523i but could be a bit gutless for weight of the e39. Also looks like it only has the basic auto, ie no tiptronic.

that said it will use less gas than the 540i, and to be fair you cant really even use the v8 power around town- awesome for trips though.

I dont think any e39's have paddle shifters, if it is tiptronic its done from the gear lever, its pretty good for an auto if it does have it though.

The 540i is only starting at 8000, reserve is probably 12-14 grand and it is the far better car.

540 I would say as well, but you won't get it for $8k or even $11k I reackon, that 523i will be a bit under powered earlier one as well no steptronic (nissan gearboxes), looks the part but still an import with a small engine.

The 540 will appreciate hold it's (value) better than the 6 cylinders, they always seems to just compare the listings on that search function you have.

All said and done that black one highlights the great shape of the E39 sedan great looking machine aye. love it, sex with it yumm.

540 end of story !!

Fantastic cars to drive.

E39 540i ALL day long mate, Take one on a long trip with some hilly bits etc...they have killer top end, love climbing hills with ya foot flat! i love mine! spent $170 on petrol last week taking mine to Bleinhem, awesome drive, dont regret it at all lol pocket may disagree... oh did I say it was an amazing drive!

Sports/Tiptronic + S-EDC on, and your set lol

Sports/Tiptronic + S-EDC on, and your set lol

you forgot to say DSC off

yep sorry the schnitzer was a 525; and looks more and more tarted up rather than being genuine. although the stripe set looks good you must admit.

'brunch' - definately rate your ride. have looked at it many times already!!

the earlier model wheels on the 540 just dont work for me. and yep I agree the 540 probably wont go for $8k.

appreciate all comments and discussion. and pleased no one said 'bag it'....

yep sorry the schnitzer was a 525; and looks more and more tarted up rather than being genuine. although the stripe set looks good you must admit.

'brunch' - definately rate your ride. have looked at it many times already!!

the earlier model wheels on the 540 just dont work for me. and yep I agree the 540 probably wont go for $8k.

appreciate all comments and discussion. and pleased no one said 'bag it'....

if you want to tow.....540.the wheels and ride height will be easy to change.

Well, considering you want to tow.. the V8 sounds superior in my mind...

V8 for sure. Rays 540i was awesome from the passenger seat!

:D LOL that's no Schnitzer - bog standard 540 with a few bling bits added on somewhere.

Here's my real one (Schnitzer 540)

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/upload...80_222_5185.jpg

Disagree that the full V8 cant be used with the 540 in NZ - lots of fun from zero to road legal speeds.

I have seen a paddle-shift installation where an M5 steering wheel is installed and connected to the tiptronic too.