Sign in to follow this  
M325is

E30 M325i

If you're selling your E30 M325i at the moment how much have you got it on for, what condition is it in and what is the market like?

I never thought Id sell my pride and joy but I desperately need a 4X4 and I dont have the cash lying around to buy a second car.

I have found a replacement but dont think I could sell my car in time to pay for it :(

Guest Simon*

Don't do it Shelley!

Get an old Pajero or something off Repo cars and hold onto the E30. The trucks often go for less than a couple grand

I am looking at that 2002 Mazda 2.5D 4x4 ute going for $9k (I already have the RWD model in cabplus for work but it cant tow 2000kg)

I'm borrowing my dads big horn every weekend which I think is starting to annoy him lol! But he doesnt want me buying an old pajero. I have already been offered one for 3k. But dad says no! (Hes a diesel mechanic).

Well looking at the pre facelift M325i’s that have been for sale in recent times and the amount of time it has taken them to move im saying 6.5-7.5k. It does strongly depend on condition though.

Yeah its quite depressing really isn't it hahaha. Thats what the market is at the moment though I know if I held on a couple of years it may be more like 8-9k.

I think if I were to sell it I'd have to re-spray the front skirt as its got heaps of stone chips and take the little bit of rust out from the corner of the tail light and sunroof. I think the paint and rust degrade a car more then its worth to get it fixed.. first impressions and all. I think if I were to tidy it up I could fetch 8k in this market, maybe 9k in better times. :(

A sad cry from the 13k I paid 7 years ago. lol!

Loosing $4-5k over 7 years I'd say that's pretty good motoring

Yep. Try loosing nearer 20k in two years on a brand new car.

Yep. Try loosing nearer 20k in two years on a brand new car.

Yeah that sucks, I dont think I'll ever buy a brand new car unless I had heaps of disposable income ie.The Big Time Lotto. For other reasons older vehicles appeal to me more, I think it takes me time to like new shapes etc.

I just got a valuation from carjam... $3000!! Are they serious! lol! Thats for the 1987 coupe M325i.

I also got all the info on my car and we are all clean and tidy :) But I knew that already :)

I think carjam use turners auctions, and it'll most likely be for even just normal 325i's

But he doesnt want me buying an old pajero. I have already been offered one for 3k. But dad says no! (Hes a diesel mechanic).

get a v6 petrol one?

my mate had one for a couple of years and he gave it absolute death and it still kept going

he used it for 4x4'ing and also for towing another mate's 4x4 on the trailer

I don't think it was too kind on gas though lol

I am looking at that 2002 Mazda 2.5D 4x4 ute going for $9k (I already have the RWD model in cabplus for work but it cant tow 2000kg)

I'm borrowing my dads big horn every weekend which I think is starting to annoy him lol! But he doesnt want me buying an old pajero. I have already been offered one for 3k. But dad says no! (Hes a diesel mechanic).

$9K for a 202 Mazda Bounty 4X4 is seriously dirt cheap! Even high Ks on these don't effect them.

get a v6 petrol one?

my mate had one for a couple of years and he gave it absolute death and it still kept going

Go pretty hard eh. theyd have quite a following in the offroading scene if the diesel stigma didnt exist. Theres a few people out ripping it up in them though. Nice on road too not as much roll as youd expect (well.. talking about the SWB, havent been in an LWB) and pretty torquey

get a v6 petrol one?

DON'T get a V6 petrol for the very reason in your last line

^ Exactly. Also, my Dad's one was good until the head gasket went at only 200ks.

But he doesnt want me buying an old pajero. I have already been offered one for 3k. But dad says no! (Hes a diesel mechanic).

Your dad is quite right, steer well clear of old pajero's! Ok if you just want to toodle about in them and take it to the beach now and again, but if you want to two 2000kg+ regularly then you need to look at something newer and better (this is the bitter voice of experience speaking here!!).

I have been looking at the Nissan Navara's recently, not brand new, more around the 2002 age, some reasonably priced and pretty rugged from what I have heard.