Sign in to follow this  
dreadful1

Restoring bumper trim?

hey guys,

I was wondering what products you guys use to restore or keep your bumper trims up to scratch so it doesnt fade white?

Or know of anything around the household which will remove wax off the plastic trim?

I tried the miguires Quick Detailer but it doesnt really do the job well.

Cheers

Mothers Naturally Black, failing that tyre shine or smooth peanut butter.

Edited by Hellpina

R r r r repaint.... Often black 'plastic' trim is painted plastic anyway. I had the black bumper plastic all repainted on a merc I had and it was like new.

^^ The oil.

I absolutely hate painted trim. I can handle flat or matt but gloss looks stupid IMO.

They paint it properly, with proper finish... you would be surprised how many cars' black plastic trim is painted black from new.

You can get a sort of moisturiser product that you wipe on. Its a gel. Brings black plastic bits up shiny and lasts. I've used it on door handles, bumper trims, window trims, windscreen wipers.. you name it.

The one I use is called 'bumper magic' but there are heaps of other brands that do the same product.

Edited by tastic

The trouble with oil or silicon based products is that the gather dust very quickly :wacko: always needing to redo them every few days.

Just had a little google on cheap options and found out that A toothbrush with some a few drops of meth on it and scrubbing it gets rid of all the wax buildup on it and restores it back to brand new condition then coupled with a spray of miguires "quick detailer" does wonders and real cheap too!