Sign in to follow this  
shaneg

Free parking

Anyone work / live in the city / go to the cbd on weekends?

I know a place right in the cbd that is free, athough there are ticketing machines the place isnt monitored.

Thought it was all talk but parked there from 12 until about 745pm and didnt pay.

No ticket when i got back... gonna try again tonight, from 6 till 10...

this sounds like a good game.

will be watching for tonights results

have you played 'i wonder if the electric fence is turned on'?

Hahaha. Remember, they may not just ticket you. They may tow you. $$$$$$$$$

Yeah i always touch electric fences.. well sheep ones anyway.. on the back of the hand of course.

I had a nosey around a few cars last night and they were playing the same game as me, i know of atleast 3 people who park their cars there 5 days a week for the last 3 weeks, and they still have their cars.

Its on "maori owned land" so the council/whoever used to run it dont anymore.. ill let you know how i go..

its here clickity click anyway if anyone wants to have a shot..

oh and here is free too, but lots of people know so its hard to get one, had a chat to a ticket dude also, he just said as long as you have a wof and reg its free.

They are building a new... building so the streets closed.

Edited by shaneg

I use the carpark on Tyler street...but the viaduct one? wouldn't it historically have been seabed...Maori land ayyyy

I use the carpark on Tyler street...but the viaduct one? wouldn't it historically have been seabed...Maori land ayyyy

I used to work at the northern steamship late last year... so it was my all day carpark.

yeah apparently its up in debate to who actually owns it.. hence no one is paid to check i guess?

Carefull there. I was ticked there last year while visiting my Dad who is in the Price Water House coopers building. $14 for 30mins over my expired ticket.

It may be free parking, but it certainly aint Maori Land or Maori-owned Land:

Auckland City Council

post-339-1273784189.png

Carefull there. I was ticked there last year while visiting my Dad who is in the Price Water House coopers building. $14 for 30mins over my expired ticket.

Yeah i think its a recent thing...

The maori land thing is just what i heard... some confusion to who actually owns it?

might have something to do with the "supercity" transition? i dont know, ill let yo know when i finally get ticketed

$14 for half an hour is ok, the parks near foodtown in front of the scene apts tow after half an hour over!

the towies wonder around and check the tickes, wait exactly half an hour and take your car!

Just put a sticker on your car. Have had one for over a year now saying "Glenn bounce from AGF Industries" With a sweet picture and havent had a ticket ever.

I had a picture of the ARC logo. Works sweet. Don't tell.