Sign in to follow this  
Streb

Hi guys,

My name's Jim and I've just found this website :D Recently bought an 07 E60 M5, my first Bimmer. I live in Auckland and am most likely to use BM Workshop. A friend reccomended them. I had a talk with them the otherday and they seem to know their stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The previous owner put this whale tail on...

Posted Image

so that had to go

Posted Image

apart from that, it has leds in the front air scoops, a blacked out roof, K&N air filters and AC Schnitzer front splitters

Edited by Streb

Oh yeah that spoiler had to go...Welcome mate, very tidy car.

Edited by cliffdunedin

needs a euro bootlid ASAP. that japanese one lets down the car imo. But looks good mate what does that drive like?

Cheers guys.

ethrty, when you say boot lid, you mean the place where the plate sits, right? so it would look more like this:

Posted Image

and it drives well :D p500s is lethal. i attempted a wheel spin today in p400 and no traction brake. lets just say i was impressed

and don't get me started on the sound :wub:

Edited by Streb

Was this car in Christchurch at some stage?

LOL

The rear wing made it look like a Honda Civic.

Love the car though man, its great to see more E60 Owners on here.

Botany Motor Worx aka Glenn is a great BMW Mechanic aswell, seems to know EVERYTHING about BMWs.

Videos of skids in the M5 please :ph34r:

Oh and welcome :D

Edit: Win thats theres another E60 on the otherside of the road in pic 1

Edited by AJ_D

Was this car in Christchurch at some stage?

Imported from Japan by Jerry Clayton in Auckland, and picked up by a man who took it to Christchurch... and put the GTR spoiler on it...

welcome. great car!

ethrty, when you say boot lid, you mean the place where the plate sits, right? so it would look more like this:

Yup thats the one. wasnt sure if that panel is part of the boot or it detachable. Go to it :P

Yep, with some euro plates. Very nice car, welcome.

Welcome to the forum Jom, and thanks for showing us some photos of your awesome M5. What a car for your first Bimmer. You mst be happy hey?

This may be a stupid question here, but is it a manual shift? Sorry, I have a E46 M3 and I know them pretty well, but not the E60's.

We'll have to have a drive sometime around some twisty roads, or maybe you should take it to a BMWClub trackday sometime. Would love to see it closely.

Cheers guys,

Yup thats the one. wasnt sure if that panel is part of the boot or it detachable. Go to it :P

panel is detatchable and only really the exterior finishing,

This may be a stupid question here, but is it a manual shift? Sorry, I have a E46 M3 and I know them pretty well, but not the E60's.

We'll have to have a drive sometime around some twisty roads, or maybe you should take it to a BMWClub trackday sometime. Would love to see it closely.

it's the SMG, so a 7 speed paddleshift manual with dual automatic clutches. trackday may or may not happen, depends on what is happening on the day with the family, but eventually i'll make it to one ;)

Good on ya mate! Keep an eye out for track days on here, or go to www.bmwclub.co.nz

what an awesome first BMW to own!!

Welcome along to the forum, +1 on seeing Glenn at Botany Motorworx. He would have to be one of the most knowledgable guru's around when it comes to anything BMW

Another M car, good work mate and welcome

Cheers guys,

panel is detatchable and only really the exterior finishing,

Yep. You can leave it off altogether if you like, my old E60 didn’t have any garnish at all factory so im thinking it’s an M5 only trim piece.

Welcome to the Forum, beautiful car you have there.