Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

I need a GPS

In my experience Navman is best, Im on my 3rd now

What model ?

I also agree that Navman are the best.

Which model depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want!

I also agree that Navman are the best.

Which model depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want!

I'm not price driven. I want descent screen size and ease of use. I've never had or used one, that's why I'm asking for a bit of guidance from you guys.

I have just found that Navman's operating systems are really easy to use, Have used TOMTOM before in a Rental Car but didnt like it as much.

I have the MY55 at the moment and love itLink

Edited by braeden.

The BIG advantage with Tomtom is that you can download map updates from the internet. Our Navamn while being very easy to use is now 3 years old and completely out of date. On new motorway sections we get "please go the nearest road". We can buy new maps on an SD card but I am sure it is about $250 so we may as well just buy a new GPS Unit. Next time I will be going to a Tomtom.

Take a look at this one glenn. I used my cousins one while up finding my way around Auckland last Christmas. ease of use was incredible.

Has a bit bigger screen than the one you are looking (4.7" > 4.3") at but haven't had any experience with the Garmin, so could be very similar

E: looks like Braeden bet me to it :rolleyes:

Edited by Wervie67

Have just looked at a new Navman MY500XT $399. Upgrades cost $129 NZd for NZ & Aussie maps

I'm thinking I will go for this unless anyone has anything negative to say about them.

Glenn

You may want to look at Garmin if you need/want to update often, as there is an open source version of the maps:

Open GPS

I'm a fan of Navman. Have the highest spec previous model, S200.

I personally can't stand GPS's with the small square screens, they look really weird to me. Navman have good maps and the updates aren't bad considering you don't have to update every year.

Glenn you're more than welcome to try mine out before you buy. Although seems you're looking at a bloody good one already. :)

Glenn I would pick something that is cheap to update. The area your workshop is in is under heavy development with new roads every other day.

Tom Tom for the above reason, updates are free and it is genuinely fun to use and easy to dock and customise.

Mine has Homer Simpson for guidance voice and a real picture of my car as the car on screen, is super easy to use and has built in Hands Free.

Its the Mac/I-Pod of Nav.

Thanks guys for all your imput ... I appreciate it.

TomTom got me lost three times driving from the sky tower-ish to Rays, and was all motorway errors. was fine in the city though. The one you have brought is the one id get as well

Ooops $499.... done deal now... I own it

$30 is nothing, let us no how you like it etc

$30 is nothing, let us no how you like it etc

Repco wanted $600 Trade price

My Garmin quickly became my constant companion when we moved to the USA. Meant I could concentrate on driving on the wrong side of the road and changing gear with my right hand and not worry about where I was going.

I have no comparison, but have been very happy with my Garmin 765WT

Something else I learnt today that I think I should share while doing my research. Never use your real address as "HOME" on your GPS. Use next door or the neighbours house accross the road as your street address. Especially if you don't have screen lock. If they break into your car when your out they can then go to your house and do it over while your still out at a night club or the pictures etc..etc..

Have just looked at a new Navman MY500XT $399. Upgrades cost $129 NZd for NZ & Aussie maps

I'm thinking I will go for this unless anyone has anything negative to say about them.

I work at dse and think this is a very good GPS i havnt used it much but have had alot of playing. and hahha about the HOME thing =D

I'm not price driven. I want descent screen size and ease of use. I've never had or used one, that's why I'm asking for a bit of guidance from you guys.

Glenn - "decent size screen" - should have got an E46/38/39 with OEM monitor <_<