Sign in to follow this  
nipe

EOI: maybe group buy, e30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Ki

As above, I'm not organising anything, but I think a few people wanted one of these kits and if a few of us get it together we could probably save a bit on the freight costs. It is just a thought, but feel free to flame me if the topic is silly. Thanks

P.S. I'm referring to: The page

im in for these. was gunna get my suspension done next week but ill hold off in case this eventuates.

Road legal in NZ?

im in for these. was gunna get my suspension done next week but ill hold off in case this eventuates.

Road legal in NZ?

Technically speaking, you need a cert. If done properly though, I don't think anyone (WOF AVI) would notice. A certifier might notice when certing your car, so you need to make sure its done properly ie: the welding

Edited by *Glenn*

I had these done on my Touring....

It made a massive difference to the cornering.

Well worth it.

A+

I can get the 4 bolts, 4 washers and 4 nuts from BMW NZ $146 incl Gst. Would just need to get the milled plates from overseas. 8 for each car or we could get a couple and see how much a local engineer would charge to copy them

I'm fairly keen, price dependant however and when they will be ordered.

Technically speaking, you need a cert. If done properly though, I don't think anyone (WOF AVI) would notice. A certifier might notice when certing your car, so you need to make sure its done properly ie: the welding

yeah thought that may possibly be the case. ordinarily i wouldnt take the risk but seeing as the car has to go through cert anyway i might as well get them ticked off while they are at it

I can get the 4 bolts, 4 washers and 4 nuts from BMW NZ $146 incl Gst. Would just need to get the milled plates from overseas. 8 for each car or we could get a couple and see how much a local engineer would charge to copy them

So BMW actually made these? or do they just happen to stock bolts that fit? if its the former its a wonder they dont stock the plates as well.. or are the $1000 a piece or something stupid typical of BMW?

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

the E46 cab rear top mount will fit into E30.TOTAL bmw point at that.and lots E30 has that modi.

The bolts, washers & nuts are out of E39 & E46 M3 CSL rear suspension. BMW do not make the plates because they are already built into the rear subframes on these vehicles.

Edited by *Glenn*

I'm fairly keen, price dependant however and when they will be ordered.

I'm wanting to order them asap, as I need to start welding them on quite soon:) Getting the bolts locally will also decrease the cost of shipping too!

I'll have 16 plates if your going to order, 8 camber & 8 toe if they are different... give me a price first though once you sort out your bulk deal :D

I'll have 16 plates if your going to order, 8 camber & 8 toe if they are different... give me a price first though once you sort out your bulk deal :D

Sweet as, will see what Sam and Andy want to do and go from there:)))

as i said, im down for them unless they come in astronomically expencive. Whats pricing going to end up being to my door? (Lower Hutt 5019)

Does anyone have dimensions for the plates? Or have I missed it in that thread ^

Ok, I just emailed the guy, will see what he can come up with:)

Ok, got the email back, the guy is asking how many kits were we keen for, so far i counted 7, so told him 7 at this stage depending on the price, waiting for reply :)

As the others, keen depending on price :)

im sure you could sell some of these on trademe, if you can be bothered and want to make some cash on the side. Makes pricing better for all of us and allows for late posts such as above me? your call. still keen

im still keen, just would like to know final price, henry is also keen price dependant

That's what he had to say:

7-9 kits would be $69.95 per kit including shipping of all kits in one box to NZ via Insured USPS International Priority Mail.

10-19 Kits would be $64.95 per kit including the above shipping.

20+ kits would be $59.95 per kit including the above shipping.

And I believe these are in US$

Edited by nipe

So, I take it nobody wants them?

Could I borrow one set of plates and see if i can get them made up locally?

Could I borrow one set of plates and see if i can get them made up locally?

I'd be interested in the dimensions too.