Sign in to follow this  
Docile

hmm weekend police galore

speed limit

"From tomorrow, extra police will be out in force for Queen's Birthday Weekend and, for the first time, motorists found to be more than 4kmh over the open road speed limit will be ticketed. "

Edited by Docile

Lame.

Oh well, I'm working on the E30 this weekend...

I still don't think this will help, as I don't personally think speeding has anything to do with it. It's the extra risks people take because they want to get there faster.

Edited by antil33t

I fully agree^^ though it will be so easy to creep over that 104kmh limit...oh well the V1 still hasn't failed me yet!

Gotta love how even brand new cars can have a 5kmph difference between what the report on the speedo and the actual speed.

I remember seeing a test of a new nissan and a new toyota

Both doing 100 on the speedo, Nissan was clocked at 102 and the Toyota at 98

Old cars too, all my cars are out between 3 and 11kmh, i need to memorise when i'm out and about which car i'm in!

Bugger. I'l have to take dudlee to the mount instead.

I'd be interested to see what the statistics say for the number of accidents where the major contributing factor was speed, where that speed was between 105kph and 109kph in a 100kph zone.

I'd guess its exactly ZERO, as having driven at that speed (who hasn't) the only way you could crash is driver error, inappropriate roading for the speed limit, or unsafe car (and even then the latter two require driver error or poor judgement). I understand why they drop the speed limit on certain roads from (for example) 100kph to 80kph, but I mean really...

Edited by CamB

haha how stupid

Because it’s really easy to speed on NZ roads on a long weekend, what with the lack of traffic jams and all :rolleyes:

lame bet there all gonna be waiting at the end of passing lanes

Edited by Isenburg

I like they pat on the back they all give themselve with the road toll slowly coming down, its definately down stopping people speeding by 5kph. huge improvements in both active and passive safety measures in modern cars have got nothing to do with it. <_<

Because it’s really easy to speed on NZ roads on a long weekend, what with the lack of traffic jams and all :rolleyes:

Whats a traffic jam?

Agree, it's stupid. More involvement in communities would be a far more beneficial use of police time.

What a sad police state we now have on the roads...

All because theres a group of people that can't drive and have no sense of judgement on the open road.

I love the polices solutions to enhance their revenue gathering abilities in the last year or so during holiday weekends....

Flying in Helicopters to monitor bad driving from the air...

More & newer version speed camera vans

Hiding in bushes with cameras monitoring 'driver behavior'

Now reducing speed tollerance to 4km/h! HAHA

Next we will get those time distance speed cameras that record your time between two points giving you a ticket if your too fast....

Time to invest in radar jammers or are they a waste of time?

Edited by Mike-E36

Same bs different day. Only speeding ticket ive had in my life is from a cop at the end of a passing lane.

Time to invest in radar jammers or are they a waste of time?

Radar jammer you say, have not heard much on them!? anyone know the legalities and any real advantage to a radar detector...apart from the obvious :lol:

Radar jammer you say, have not heard much on them!? anyone know the legalities and any real advantage to a radar detector...apart from the obvious :lol:

http://www.blinder.net/

I looked into them a while ago, the Blinder branded ones seem to be the most common ones with good results.

Though, they seem gimmicky.

<_<

Completely Illegal, Like, FCC say nononono.

So, you probably can't even find one for sale.

Blinder units are LASER Jammers.

However... Laser Jammers, are completely legal, no regulations about pulsing lightwaves.

Unless you're real brainy can can build a Passive Radar Jammer.

Edited by antil33t

Oh haha. Really useless here anyways. NZ Police only use Laser handhelds I think.

There is a guy on bimmersport that is on here every now and then. He brings in a product called Lazerstar I think. That brand was one of the few genuine jammers. Many do not work.