Sign in to follow this  
bmaguy

geting a e36

hey guys

ive just found a e36 1992 320i four door auto with 180,xxx on the clock

im geting it for $5k off a friend it has been well looked after and is in mint con

what are the things to lookout for on this year and model any help would be great thanks :D

i say flag the e36 and go for something that has class, like a honda.

yeah hondas are right wickeeed!

You would want to get a vtec though because they are the best hondas, and the technology comes from formula one, (which is the best formula)

l o l....

gotta have neons and sh*t too, but make sure you got a radar detector and a police scanner as well, coz theres only a couple of days til neons are illegal! so you gotta make sure there's no cops around before you switch them on, maybe join the illegal drifters down the industrial area and sh*t

I'm surprised sic didn't get this thread locked already by posting the word 'honda.' ^_^

Anyway ... $5k seems like a great price, unless something really expensive needs replacing soon.

its real :D as i say im geting it off a friend i think its got mtec stuff on it 2. it sits alot lower than normal and handles very well :D lol way beta than my old e30 :P

Come on bro, before asking such a question you should really looking in the FAQ's topic group.

Let your fingers do the clicking

give the guy a chance,fcs,he seems fairly new to this site.Some of the guys raving on about Hondas should (one even a moderator?)should not make comments.

Come on bro, before asking such a question you should really looking in the FAQ's topic group.

Let your fingers do the clicking

give the guy a chance,fcs,he seems fairly new to this site.Some of the guys raving on about Hondas should (one even a moderator?)should not make comments.
thanks man its good to see that theres some good guys on here :)

sounds good man, just check normal sorta things-rust, old panel damage, engine/gearbox/suspension etc.....

$5k I don't think you can go wrong

sounds good man, just check normal sorta things-rust, old panel damage, engine/gearbox/suspension etc.....

$5k I don't think you can go wrong

yeah i will get that cheaked as well just to be 100% shore :D its got lots of mtec stuff on it eg... suspension it sit's very low how will that be with say 18's on it? :)

BMAGUY

I've heard that pre 1994/5 E36'S have a couple of teething problems, since they are a new series and all, BMW haven't quite sorted out engine faults etc, but 5k is alright, and as said, if it passes tests and stuff go for it. But i have found out tests do lie.

I'm surprised sic didn't get this thread locked already by posting the word 'honda.' ^_^

nah cause i said it...

I deleted all of the Honda pictures that some of you were posting, for a start they have nothing to do with the thread, and secondly they are old and we have all seen them before.

Cheers

were very off topic grant, but then again, so are a lot of other worthless posts in this thread

they were also almost a reply to the worthless posts of the previous page

Edited by bmwsparkle

were very off topic grant, but then again, so are a lot of other worthless posts in this thread

they were also almost a reply to the worthless posts of the previous page

I really don't care, just post an answer to the question about buying an E36 or don't post anything at all.

It is pretty simple really, and makes a moderators job much easier.

Cheers

Your a good mod Grant.

It was getting extremely off topic so yeah good on ya

Even though i was guilty of posting a Honder

:lol:

bma guy,even though you are buying of a freind make sure you get the car checked out by someone who knows what they are looking at.BMW dealers will perform a standard quite thorough test or take it a bmw independent mechanic.It will possibly be the best 150 bucks you spend.Also make sure that ALL electrics work(or at leastknow what doesnt!.)I think this is true for ANY car purchase.

bma guy,even though you are buying of a freind make sure you get the car checked out by someone who knows what they are looking at.BMW dealers will perform a standard quite thorough test or take it a bmw independent mechanic.It will possibly be the best 150 bucks you spend.Also make sure that ALL electrics work(or at leastknow what doesnt!.)I think this is true for ANY car purchase.

I'd have to agree there ... even tho the car is from a friend it doesn't mean it's a good bargin ... i've soon all too many problems with buying and selling things from friends ... and the last time i saw a friend buy a car off another friend and it sure didnt' go down well at all ...