Sign in to follow this  
Chris535is

New to you website

Hey all,

I have owned a few bmw in the past but I'm about to get serious with the restoration and respectful modification of an E34 535is Manual.

I have owed this car for a couple of years now with the intent of making it into something great, but always had other projects and toys to deal with! But redundancy about 10 months forced the sales of many of my beloved toys (Quad bikes, Boat, Fiat 124 sport ,Lexus powered V8 surf with 300kw atw ......), but I held onto the 535is :)

I now as of the start of June I have started my own business which is slowly getting off the ground, so hopefully I’ll have the cash flow to start working on a few things on the car.

Initially when I purchased the 535 it was taken down to Barvian Motors and had the essentials down (around $3500+ worth and more since) but it has never been quite right! The fuel Eco is shocking, previous owners have toyed with wiring and it now has a raft of electrical issues, speedo stopped working, many of the engine sensor were not plugged in, lights are stuffed and some lovely person has backed into it (at a rate of knots) and didn’t leave a note!! That will teach me for leaving it parked outside a English language school!!! Does anyone know where I can get a Mtech Bumper?

Any I have spent the past 5 days cleaning it and looking at the wiring and engine compartment and all that has been achieved is one hell of a clean BMW that now won’t start!

I’ll keep you all updated with the progress and may see some of you at New Brew next month.

I’m also going to have the 535 sign written at some stage with my company branding and such (some what a race car theme, need to think of a racing number) if there is any companies on the Shore/Auckland that wants to help with this project i would be more than happy having your signage included. That way it will look less like a company vehicle more like a race car

Cheers Chris

post-5801-1276489340.jpg

Edited by Chris IDNIDN

Welcome to the board.

Good luck getting it all sorted, at least it looks awesome _b

Welcome,

Still as nice as when I last saw it, although you were utterly convinced it was a M5.

Enjoy your time on Bimmer, plenty knowledge here.

! The fuel Eco is shocking,

fuel eco is not their strong point....

Welcome chris! hah.

S6 would be so much hotter...... :P Or a HiLex

Nathan

Hey Chris, Welcome

Looks like a tidy E34. Very clean in white.

I would imagine it would be a pretty good combination in manual?

Also what had you done to your Surf with the 1UZFE to get 300rwkw.. a turbo or two I am guessing?

That photo was taken before it was back into :s

1uz had plenty done to it, supercharger rather than a turbo tho. Absolutely mental to drive, but what a toy!

Beautiful car mate. See it all the time on Linwood Ave :)

Yeah it sat outside my mates place on Linwood Ave for awhile and that where it was backed into!!! Current now safe and sound sitting in my drive over on the shore.

fuel eco is not their strong point....

Yeah, but in the the high 20l per 100k???? I think it need a tune :)

Welcome chris! hah.

S6 would be so much hotter...... :P Or a HiLex

Nathan

Mate,

S6 been there, HiLex done that!!!!

What are you up to these days?

Yeah, but in the the high 20l per 100k???? I think it need a tune :)

and i thought my wifes one was bad at about 14.5l per 100km.

my old ex uk one used to get about 12L per 100km

non ac , lsd , 3.25 lsd 16" alloys

and i thought my wifes one was bad at about 14.5l per 100km.

my old ex uk one used to get about 12L per 100km

non ac , lsd , 3.25 lsd 16" alloys

No AC in mine either (well all the parts are there just the belt has been taken off) I just think it is sick!!! So where is your workshop Brent? I have been to your house a couple of times, wouldn't happen to be there would it?

No AC in mine either (well all the parts are there just the belt has been taken off) I just think it is sick!!! So where is your workshop Brent? I have been to your house a couple of times, wouldn't happen to be there would it?

I also think there is a earthing issue in my boot somewhere. I could have something to do with the tow bar i fitted which i purchased off you.... No fault of yours most likely my wiring :s

I also think there is a earthing issue in my boot somewhere. I could have something to do with the tow bar i fitted which i purchased off you.... No fault of yours most likely my wiring :s

post-5801-1276557628.jpg

european car parts

10 parker st

papakura

cheers brent

Welcome, E34 looks good in white.

Good luck with your wiring issues!

There are a couple of people on here who are in the signwriting biz too, I'm sure one will pipe up.

Welcome, E34 looks good in white.

Good luck with your wiring issues!

There are a couple of people on here who are in the signwriting biz too, I'm sure one will pipe up.

Sweet, I really keen on getting the front all fixed up and getting the BMW all signwritten. Tottally gutted that someone back into it tho, even more pissed about the fact i drove over the bumper, plently of gravel rash now :s .. these bumpers are really hard to find!

I think it will look really good once signwritten, I don't want the car to look like a rep-mobile so i think a racing style finish to the signage is the way to go.

That photo was taken before it was back into :s

1uz had plenty done to it, supercharger rather than a turbo tho. Absolutely mental to drive, but what a toy!

Nice, what kind of supercharger? Sounds like an M112 with that kind of power... or a Twin screw?

I'm putting together an M90 setup for my E36 on a 1UZ, but looking at around 200-220rwkw at 6 pounds. Sadly M90s have their limits.

Nice, what kind of supercharger? Sounds like an M112 with that kind of power... or a Twin screw?

I'm putting together an M90 setup for my E36 on a 1UZ, but looking at around 200-220rwkw at 6 pounds. Sadly M90s have their limits.

I'll dig up all the spec's for you tonight. I bought the setup from a mate in OZ that was building a Jetboat that never got finished. Which 1uz are you running? I had a latter VVTI vers which offers better compression and Flow than the early ones. The supercharger was from Bullet austraila and yes twin screw... There is a lot of internal work required to get it anywhere close to reliable... If i was to do it again i would turbo!

I'll dig up all the spec's for you tonight. I bought the setup from a mate in OZ that was building a Jetboat that never got finished. Which 1uz are you running? I had a latter VVTI vers which offers better compression and Flow than the early ones. The supercharger was from Bullet austraila and yes twin screw... There is a lot of internal work required to get it anywhere close to reliable... If i was to do it again i would turbo!

That would be good of you. While your at it got any pictures of this setup?

I'm going to run a 1992 Celsior V8, so the most common type, 1st generation with the strong internals and 10.0 CR.

Fantastic, a VVTI 1UZ..... that supercharged with a twin screw must make for a great combination, I can see how you're making that sort of power now.

Pity about the weaker stock internals in the VVTI engines what parts did you change, just the conrods.. or work the lot?